Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I started using weed in April and now I totally get why I heard so many stories that included 'and I spent the whole summer getting high and playing Morrowind'. I tried to play FF6 in April and while my save shows like 70 hours on there I haven't accomplished jack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Warframe should just come with a quarter of dab and a nail. It seems overwhelming at first, but once you're in the groove it all just ~flows~ so well. High level play is like going through Kubrick's color tunnel with human debris flying everywhere - psychedelia meets viscera :getin:

I tried it, Warframe was too powerful for me under the influence. Monster Hunter though, that does a good job. You're spending some time focusing on fighting and then slapped in the face with a beautiful vista so it's a nice variety.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The game I've done the best with while stoned is either Final Fantasy 14 or Conan Exiles. That was a lot of fun to build a cool tower house and be friends with baby alligators.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I found it too distracting but you can turn them off.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I don't like Leafwerx's prefilled BHO cartridges. They kind of taste like floral poison.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Even at that size I find myself increasing game UI's by 33% when they let me, so they're kinda the same size as at 1080p.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Today I went to the store and got a little glass globe that fits on top of this battery I've been using, and some honey crystal called Romulan by Oleum Extracts. Until now I've only tried the regular pre-filled vape cartridges, what's this manually loaded business with the exposed coil called?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Holy poo poo this stuff starts off incredible

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Are you talking shatter or budder?

I don't know, I've never tried anything in this vein. I'm a total novice. The package says honey crystal, the actual stuff is pretty small and looks like small, partly crystallized honey chunks.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Sounds like a basic dab atomizer. You'll hear them referred to as LAYG (load as you go) sometimes. What's the coil and wick setup looking like? I get sketched out by silica / fabric wicks in those things, but if it's just ceramic or quartz you should be good to go.

Ah cool, thanks. It's branded as a Vuber globe top, and the page says dual quartz atomizer and titanium coils.

purple death ray posted:

Did you buy it from a bee

Little drug dealer bee in like a tiny snapback bumping into your car window at the gas station

That would be convenient, I have to drive all the way to the weed store instead.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

A thing that recently creeped me out recently was watching Kizuna Ai play Detroit on YouTube. Thinking about a YouTuber portraying herself as an AI who is also a YouTuber comment on the Civil Rights situation of Androids in Detroit was crazy times.

Crimson Harvest fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 20, 2018

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I use weed for fun times and panic/anxiety management, and weed+stellaris really helps me calm the gently caress down, I think because it takes my whole brain to play.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Elderbean posted:

Yeah sim and strategy games are great, although playing a strategy game I've never seen before while baked is a bit much for my brain so I stick to the ones I know and learn the new ones sober.

Yeah I wanna mention this specifically, because I tried playing La Mulana 2 like that and nnnnnnope there was no chance I accomplished anything that session.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I just got some of these black cherry pebbles candy from Magic Kitchen, 10mg each. First time having one, anything notable I should expect?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah these are all packaged and labeled for sale but I wonder if any outside body does testing or something on the content.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Well the candy tasted pretty cherry like, but also kind of bitter which I guess is because plants.

After about 90 minutes I arrived at the point where you're in grasping distance of getting feedback from each tastebud individually if you wanted to go a little harder.

This would be really good for sleep.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm going to the recreational dispensary tomorrow to take advantage of all the holiday savings. I broke my first battery-top atomizer bulb.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

How much money are you budgeted for, because you could probably take advantage of internet labor day sales and get something swank :)

Those bulbs are wicked cheap and generally aren't worth repeated investments

Not much honestly. I went to the head shop a corner down from the dispensary and got a cool and inexpensive unit that's purpose built instead of putting a crucible on top of a random pen battery.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Wow this basic device is way more effective at its job than the ghetto poo poo I started out on and I'm sure there's a million more things to try.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

Whad'ja get? Half the fun of a new toy is showing it off :D

I see

It's not expensive, and it's obviously pretty basic. It has 3 temperatures, the glass is magnet attached to the crucible, which it comes with two, a single and a dual coil of titanium on quartz. But what I had before was a huge garbage fire compared to this thing in actually using it, and yeah I kept the cheapie clean.

Oh and it has the wax pick and charger connector, but it's a normal 510 screw so you can put whatever on there. The only thing my first one had that I miss is a preheat thing for when I'm using the high temp setting to get the stuff in the crucible ready.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Farmer in my town sells at the local dispensary for $12-15/g per for concentrates (wax shatter and crumble packaging spotted), seems good to me. No idea how much his flower costs. This is WA.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The new pen really made my morning, and now I've got corn dogs in the oven so the day can only get better.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm cleaning this new mouthpiece and crucible for the first time, am I god to just soak these in isopropyl for a while and then rub them clean?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I like the patio because that's where the grill and the birds are.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I bought a new pen off eBay, should I be concerned when every single listing flogs itself as 'authentic'?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

DoombatINC posted:

I mean it really depends on the brand and the general sketchiness of the listing

Do you want some product recommendations? Headshops and random eBay listings are kind of the worst places to get these things, especially if you don't know what you're looking for

If you have recommendations for online shops then yes. I'm willing to float ebay $20 to find out if this is a good pen.

Edit It's the Magneto by Yocan

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I wanted to try the Magneto out because it looked really easy and clean to use, which I really want. I like all these concentrate products but it's kind of a pain in the rear end to use them sometimes.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The price on that linked unit makes me think I'm probably reaching the start of the 'enthusiast' territory for this kind of hardware.

One of the reviews of the Magneto I saw specifically mentioned that it's single temperature is probably too high, and I figured you could probably pulse it but the reviewer didn't mention that, so thanks for reminding me.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I got a 1 gram prefill cartridge of 9lb Hammer from Leafwerx today and now I've died from relaxing beyond the point of no return.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Having been just stoned enough to brush up against divinity like that gif I can relate to the first few seconds.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

So despite its 3.7v battery on a 2.5v coil nature, this Magneto is pretty good and cool. It also seems way way way more efficient than the regular atomizers I had before. I'm getting smoother, heavier vapor with the same amount of wax, or at least it seems that way.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I hope we get more products that make managing mood disorders easy. 10:1 and 5:2 CBD cartridges are really good but pricey.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

If I start grinding flower for a dry herb vaporizer am I gonna have poo poo all over my desk and a lingering weed smell from grinding?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

There's a lot of obvious techniques I don't know about yet, thanks for the idea. I want to try those CBD flowers from up the page.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Waking up early for work the morning after getting high is the worst loving feeling.

It's like waking up for 8th grade.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Slam a CBD water when you get up maybe that will trick you into feeling better.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'll make sure to be ready when I try out flowers.

For now, I made some money today so I spent it on a Yocan Cerum and the donut coils for it because it should fit on my Magneto battery. Haven't tried ceramic yet and supposedly the donut coil is actually properly rated for the Magneto's battery, unlike the one it comes with.

EDIT: A few times after vaping I've started to remember my emotional state from events way back in my early childhood. It's very vivid and a little concerning.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Honestly despite the distress in the moment, it's done me a ton of good.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

That would be stealing bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

The draw on this shatter is so smooth, kinda like it's not even there until you exhale, but why do I want to cough so fuckin hard?