Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

MrQwerty posted:

they have these wyld brand gummies at the stores here, and they actually hit pretty good and have real nice flavors. I need to get more of the elderberry 1:1:1's, those are my favorite, they don't even get me that high, I just go bed when I lay down and sleep real good.
I got the elderberry 1:1:1 gummies when I was temporarily in California before and they were pretty decent.

I don't know if I can get them around here so I've just been using a tincture because that's cheaper per unit than edibles in Massachusetts, sometimes also with some cbn powder.

I only take like 2.5mg of THC at a time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

emSparkly posted:

They should add a running tally at the top of every forum of how much money rereg guy has wasted since this started.
Do it like the wikipedia donation progress bar thing but just for rereg guy

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Fair, no disputes on anything you said there.

I think alcohol has more potential for addiction for a higher percentage of the population. Also, seems like it's less likely for someone to get high on weed then beat the poo poo out of their kids or whatever. I dunno, I really don't find alcohol all that great and almost never have it. But yeah obviously my experience is not the same as everyone else's.

Some of you like the feeling of alcohol, and I guess that's fine. I would really like it if everyone stopped pretending to like the taste of beer, though. You're not fooling anyone, it's a bad tasting beverage.
Nah... I like the taste of beer but I don't particularly have any desire to consume alcohol more than maybe one drink a month

mystes
May 31, 2006

Weed probably isn't good for you but it's got to be less bad for you than taking diphenhydramine every night

mystes
May 31, 2006

Potables would be like weed lunchables, actually

mystes
May 31, 2006

meat police posted:

if it was possible to make a lovely LSA tea from plant seeds when I was younger than it's possible to drink edibles
Tinctures exist, I think people were just commenting on whether the word edible would be appropriate for something you can drink

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's incredible that New Hampshire, which is apparently the only state that doesn't require adults to wear seat belts because ~freedom~, still hasn't legalized recreational weed

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think I technically meet the criteria for cannabis use disorder and I go back and forth on whether I think that's a real thing or if it's just a bunch of squares writing the DSM.
Like a lot of the things in the DSM it's basically written in a way where you can only have it if it is causing problems in your life so I'm not sure it's really that relevant whether it's a "real thing" in the sense of having some sort of unique etiology or something?

The most minimal way you could have "mild" cannabis use disorder with only two out of eleven criteria in the DSM-5-TR is like you take more than you intended and are trying to cut down but failing, which probably implies in itself that you're experiencing some level of distress over your use of weed, but if you're just like "nah I think the amount I'm taking is ok" then you wouldn't meet the criteria.

Beyond that, all the other criteria involve it actually disrupting your life somehow.

mystes fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 26, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm not sure to what degree it is disrupting my life. I've had some persistent brain fog lately and I fear it might be the cannabis. If so, then yes that is affecting/disrupting my life. Maybe I lock my weed away somewhere and still have brain fog a month later, then it's not weed's fault. I don't know. That's pretty much it, though. The next day brain fog. I only have any at night so it's not like "oh I got high instead of going to work." But I'm afraid that doing it the night before might be part of what's making me get less done than I need to at the office.
I mean basically your options are 1) don't worry about it or 2) try to quit temporarily to see if it's causing the brain fog. If you're stressed out about it and you try to quit and you can't it's probably fair to describe it as a "disorder" regardless of whether it's actually causing the brain fog?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I accidentally on purpose took 3 mg of ozempic instead of 2, and it has killed my desire for weed. The idea of smoking or vaping is literally stomach-churning. I hate it and I’m going to force myself to vape later for the first time in a 6 days, I don’t care if it makes me puke.
why don't you just not vape then?

mystes
May 31, 2006

redshirt posted:

Here's a story about weed:

I was living in this cabin on a lake and running out of money and really weed was a big expense and should I really spend all that money on it when I literally have to start thinking about groceries?

I resolved after I finished this bag to give up weed for now, and not just for the economics of it, but like to clear my mind.

Anyways I went on this long bike ride later that day and while on this trail I see something, and it's an eye glass case.

Absolutely packed with kind bud.
That's a sign from god that you should smoke more weed

mystes
May 31, 2006

I assume that the chance of getting in trouble for flying with it is pretty low but if you somehow did it could be very bad so it seems like a not great idea imo

Hopefully it will eventually be descheduled sometime in the next 20 years

mystes
May 31, 2006

Whooping Crabs posted:

Jalapeno pineapple pizza fuckin rules
yes

Recently I've been making a pizza based on one I had somewhere that has a little baby ray's honey barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce and then sliced jalapeno, pineapple, ham, and prosciutto and it's pretty good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Yeah that sounds dangerous if you're eating that little. You probably need to lower the dose or something.

If you're used to always naturally tending to eat too much, and never needing to make yourself eat when you're not hungry, I think you could run into trouble pretty quickly if you just stop being hungry and are like "cool I'm not hungry so I guess I don't need to eat at all now"

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 16, 2024