Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Zenithe posted:

It was probably Keiroth, and he literally calls himself "the artist" before you fight him?

omg Keiber = The Artist! We were playing as Keiber the whole time!!1 stabel time loop :byodood:

(I'm just messing, I agree that the kidnapper was almost certainly Keiber; although if I recall correctly the guy in the recording had a glowy exosuit mask that didn't really match the Artist OR Keiber's)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
While the LP is done, in the meantime I recorded the boss rush on the most difficult setting without dying once. Bit differently done to the rest, voiced/rambling commentary. Enjoy!

Boss Rush - Hardcore

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Been an interesting if somewhat flawed ride. Looks like hell to play and the plot seemed like it mistook ambiguity for depth, but I definitely respect the effort.

Thanks for the LP! You showed some damned impressive skill.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Interesting:

At boss 3, the title disappears on the Casablanca movie poster in the background when you hallucinate.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Ghost of Starman posted:

omg Keiber = The Artist! We were playing as Keiber the whole time!!1 stabel time loop :byodood:

(I'm just messing, I agree that the kidnapper was almost certainly Keiber; although if I recall correctly the guy in the recording had a glowy exosuit mask that didn't really match the Artist OR Keiber's)

Maybe Keiber got an upgraded suit for the occasion? And what's her face shooting him was testing its life support? :haw:

Him also calling himself an Artist made me think more about the protagonist, who's likely had his mind wiped so many times all he has left is his narcissistic pride in how good he is at his job... which probably made him easy to recruit in the first place.

Overall I like the game's aesthetic, and the simple ways it presented you with the fact you're in a megacorp ruled dystopia, but the gameplay is still just not something I'd enjoy.

So thanks Zenithe for taking the hit.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Anoia, with the vicious of the beating at the end I assumed it was to directly parallel Emily's beating from before. Superficially they even look similar (youngish pale brunettes). I think both could have been toned down to be honest.

The dev has also hotfixed a couple of more bits and pieces he picked up from the LP as well as nerfing a couple of the more trial and error platforming sections. That guy is really cool and you should also check out his music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Zenithe posted:

Anoia, with the vicious of the beating at the end I assumed it was to directly parallel Emily's beating from before. Superficially they even look similar (youngish pale brunettes). I think both could have been toned down to be honest.

The dev has also hotfixed a couple of more bits and pieces he picked up from the LP as well as nerfing a couple of the more trial and error platforming sections. That guy is really cool and you should also check out his music.

Makes sense, I guess. It was bad enough seeing the recorded beating, the lovingly rendered detail of the ending one was just creepy as gently caress.

But yeah, the music is still cool.

• Locked thread