Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hype, but I wish there were more deep cuts like Tatianna. Alaska is cool but she's on wow like twice a week, she doesn't need this and dare u say I'm a bit burned out on her. Katya too, a bit.

But the instagram and Facebook horde demand more mom and more lasky (#robbed #justiceforalaska #yourmakeupisterrible) and they are both super entertaining so I guess its cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Delta deserves another go. I don't really mind if they pick more fromater seasons, I just wanted deeper picks :( Kenya Michael, Milk, Trixie & Trinity could all hold their own against this pack I think.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Ok there were some twists but honestly, I think they're relying on the strengths of the queens to pull this season along.

- Todrick Hall isn't funny or likeable, and brought nothing. He's literally sitting where Ross Carson would be who has more charisma by a factor of a billion.
- The entire untucked segment went from being a fun bitchfest to being that scene in every Survivor episode where they talk strategy. No comedy, no jokes. Just tension and that one "shocking twist" zinger played 500 times
- So much rehearsed poo poo. Ru and the judges drinking the cocktails was funny for about a half a second. The entire revenge twist with Coco saying "I ain't holding back" was so horribly forced and scripted.
- I feel like they're foddering up half the queens already. When Michelle did PhiPhi and Adore I was like drat she's going in. But then she really didn't go for Alaska who, while decent, wasn't really that impressive. (Aside from her look, that hair was great)

Maybe the season picks up but it feels like they swapped out campy laughs for SUSPENSE!!!! and that kinda hurt it.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Ru hates Courtney after she didn't follow the WoW official line on shemail gate

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm pretty sure the main reasons REALLY is that Ru isn't a drag king and wouldn't really know how to judge etc and he will not be seen as anything but all knowing at all times on HIS show.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Logo TV considers Todrick Hall, who's comments on drag race up to now are "i like it" and "you should have planned in advance", talent

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Princess Di could've been cool in a sort of floaty graceful way, but Katya's the last queen I'd give that role to. Jade Jolie perhaps.

Katya would've rocked Margret Thatcher / Joan Of Arc / Elizabeth I 100x harder.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The biggest mistake Phi Phi made was coming back thinking they were going to give the show's greatest villain anything but the villain role.

The second worst mistake she made was Tweeting about it. Just loving laugh it off and people get bored. Nobody shits on Kennedy Davenport for kicking off Katya anymore, because she never bought into it.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I'm not the hugest Phi Phi fan but, from Alaska + Roxxxy at Rosco's:

quote:

-when asked about phi phi's Edit, they BOTH supported phi phi. Alaska: phi phi's cool in real life, and they have a lot of fun together, but shady music makes anyone look evil (which she enjoys watching phi phi look evil on tv but it's not real life). Roxxxy: phi phi didn't just go in on Alyssa at the end of this episode, she was responding to questions that were asked of her that weren't aired.

Girl is dumb as gently caress and has no concept of how she comes across, but I think she is kind of a victim of the reality TV machine more than anything, like Laganga.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Phi phi all you had to do was not do exactly what you just did

Also imho none of the standup was particularly funny compared to s5 roast / s6 stand up challenge, but lipsync was ace so that's cool.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Sneaky poo poo like this are within the rules, alaska just came to play the game. Sucks Tati left, she's cool, but alaska is just here to win all stars not miss congeniality.

Also I love me some Alyssa, but what Phi Phi said is true - again she was just being Alyssa and got away with it. To me her commercial was the worst, and detox's was second worse. Oh well!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Watch again guys, it's actually Phi Phi doing her pitch perfect impression

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I for one am a noisy twink of the YouTube generation, and all I can at is yassss miss todrick make that coin mama

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

Could you please explain the appeal of Todrick?

I was joking I have no idea but then I am old and grumpy

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

As ever, this thread will be rooting solely for the ascension of Ross Matthews to permanent judge~

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

the escape goat posted:

I'm not sure if I'm just tired or something but this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. make sure the sound is up. also I forgot how to link stuff.
https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oeo0yuO3SV1vd0zd1_480.mp4#_=_ is the funniest thing I've seen in ages. make sure the sound is up.

what the gently caress? being kandy's lasting legacy is just magical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Yeah for all his lovely judging and kickstarter nonsense, dude can put a track together

• Locked thread