Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

caligulamprey posted:

One heartbreaking moment I've had recently is finding out the guy who designed this was, of course, in on the joke.

Huh? I could not find anything on that at all. In fact, Wikipedia says it was made by the exact same company that made all those lovely No Limit album covers in the late 90s. Where did you read that?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I've always thought Children of the Sun epitomized that late 70's super chromed out airbrushed spacy look

It looks like the logo from before a low budget 70s or 80s movie started.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Of all the ridiculous late 90s/early 2000s album covers, I think this one is the best:

So many things to point out

1) It looks like he just woke up in the photo.

2) When airplanes, missiles, and tanks are photoshopped into a photo, it is usually an attempt to make it look like they are all together in the same "scene". Literally nothing on the cover looks like it's even taken at the same time, let alone from the same "battle" that he's involved in.

3) The complete lack of planning on where the Parental Advisory logo would appear. Why not raise it up a bit so you don't just see a random chin sticking out?

4) Listing the featured artists as permanent text; part of the album cover. It's one thing to have a sticker on the cellophane that has all of that, but to have it as literally part of the album cover is so tacky and weird. Hell, I remember in the early 90s you'd buy a rap album and you didn't even know there was a guest on the song until you listened to it! "Hey! That's Jay-Z on this Big L track! Cool, it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the CD!".

5) There's 19 guest artists listed on that album cover. Isn't that just a "mix CD" at that point?

6) I am pretty sure the soldiers coming from the helicopter on the left are those little army toys

Not surprisingly this is when I kind of stopped listening to new rap releases.

Those types of album covers were ALL you saw from 97-2001. And never once was it from an east-coast rapper.

Fun fact: the album title came from one of the members of the band hearing a bootleg pre-release of "The Jerky Boys 2" album. It's the first prank call on the album. "Pablo honey, are you washing your rear end? Please come to Florida with me Pablo"

• Locked thread