Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

gradenko_2000 posted:

Again. AGAIN with delivering an anti-US tirade in the middle of a completely unrelated event.

Duterte to US: Do not treat PHL like a doormat

Maybe he's reading this thread guys :shobon:

'You do not go around reprimanding a head of state', says man repeatedly and aggressively reprimanding a head of (a much larger, more powerful) state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

What does that say?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Truly, his aura of Protection from Weather, 150 Mile Radius is the real reason to elect him President.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ihatepants posted:

The death penalty is such a loving terrible idea in the Philippines because there's no jury and judges are also so loving corrupt and get bribed all the loving time.

I do not believe he considers this a negative.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ytlaya posted:

It's weird how both Duterte and Trump do this thing where they'll invent specific dialogue when describing the things their opponents say/think about them. Like, instead of Duterte saying "They say I'm a bad person", he'll say "They say to me 'Duterte, you're a bad person.'" It's a strange habit.

It's an oratory thing. You never say things like 'I'm a bad person' because people may remember it, even subconciously, or quote you out of context (though with Trump and Duterte, quoting them normally works just fine). You instead say, 'you're a bad person', even when talking about yourself, to avoid it.

You never want it to cross the listener's mind that hey, maybe he is a bad person. So you make someone the listeners already don't like or trust 'say' it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Xelkelvos posted:

Try Canada

We're terrified Trump will bomb our economy with his protectionist policies. (So is Mexico; the peso went down 13% last night, though I believe it's back 'up' to only a 9% decrease.)

Also, the Immigration Canada website crashed repeatedly last night from too much traffic so it might take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Does this mean he's a drug abuser and should, by his own metrics, shoot himself now?