Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Is the craziest poo poo I've read in ages.
People from the Philippines are spelt Filipinos and speak Tagalog but don't know their own language.
Their president thinks the guy who wrote Taken was giving him hot tips on how to run the country.
They post cautiously about not wanting to make mountains out of molehills as their blatantly insane president proudly sets up death squads. but he won't frisk people to stop a bomb and blames democracy and namedrops fascism.

Turns out the slide into fascism is actually even less subtle than in the star wars prequels.

I'd probably do the same if my prime minister went mad and started death squads, post about it and decide I can't do anything about it, so I'm not judging you all though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Argue posted:

Edit: sorry about the compression but I disagree with Duterte's declaration of a state of losslessness

I thought this was from the UK daily mail. News and comment from the Phillipines is scaring me by showing what the dystopian future is going to look like. Oh poo poo, are we there already?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

This is gonna blow your mind but... Is Duterte on drugs?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

This is a great thread, stay safe Filipino friends and preferably stay away from home for a bit. Especially if you're talking "seditious" poo poo online.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

So is De Lima going to be killed or jailed or what? Shes a member of the ruling class so I assume she will just be arrested/exiled or otherwise shut up, it just remains to be seen how close to the edge of madness Duterte and his administration are willing to go, quite close it seems at the moment.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Mozi posted:

These days, I mean.

This is adorable.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Are any of you guys still living in the Philippines at this point? Because if so get out jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

yeah this is strange, of course the police are outnumbered, its a protest