Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gradenko_2000 posted:

A lot of my friends completely bought into the Duterte hype because they wanted less traffic, less taxes, faster passport and driver's license processing, and general anti-establishment dissatisfaction (especially since the previous admin had some very latent, indefensible faults of their own). The anti-drug/anti-crime schtick was basically an afterthought compared to "I don't want the government to keep taking a quarter of my paycheck"

I hope to remember these anecdotes, and how easy it is to accept literal death squads in exchange for the promise of reducing mundane annoyances, whenever I find myself about to defend an imperfect politician I want to approve of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Argue posted:

I can't believe this isn't a scene from a movie where the main character is connecting strings on a corkboard and it's ridiculous that people think this qualifies as evidence or even slightly damning

also lol "matrix" perhaps he meant an adjacency matrix?

oh he knew what he meant

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

That quote of his about killing addicts is just so extremely hosed up. I mean, extra-judicial killings of dealers is also super hosed up, but I can at least sort of understand where it's coming from (since dealing is an action that can cause significant harm to others), but saying that addicts themselves should be killed is no different than, for example, executing the mentally ill.

I believe the logic he gave was that poor addicts, specifically, must also be dealing to support their habit.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Mall size is a function of economic inequality and heat. C.f. Vegas and Dubai.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Argue posted:

And only when it suits them, of course. I think gradenko may have embedded this tweet earlier but Teddy Locsin was also against the reproductive health bill, on the grounds that reproductive health was a Nazi idea.

Logic checks out: when women try to get me to wear a condom, it's basically genocide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

"You tryin' to say I ain't harder than Hitler?!"