Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, my main method of commute during my last job was a taxi in the morning and a taxi after an LRT ride if I couldn't catch the office shuttle. Taxis here loving suck and I'd rather take the additional cost from Uber than sit in a line and hope that the next driver isn't a picky rear end in a top hat.

That said, you'd think Filipinos would be more discerning of unregulated corporations holding a death grip on every aspect of their life considering the massive mono/duopolies actively doing so, but I guess America rubbed off on us a lot more than we thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

I can't imagine the jeepney thing goes anywhere, it really is central to a lot of commuting and dare I say it even national identity. When I lived there and wanted to head to SM in QC I'd just jump on one and Bam 20 pesos later, the occasional car accident and fist fight later you're there. I'd also be sad to not see things like badly off model Goku, sonic, Jesus and various family members air brushed on a side panel any more.

My alma mater's neighborhood had a jeepney with the Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil cover spray-painted on it. It was pretty rad.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Went over-budget by nearly 20% on our expected power bill this month. I assume it's because my bros have been using the aircon at night during May's end and maybe the rains will cut down on that need for now, but who knows.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
at least arroyo would figure what to do about this runaway inflation

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
That movie is being made by a Spanish studio in the Basque region, so I guess we have to un-support Basque independence now