Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37172002

This is an interesting BBC article where they talked to a woman who is part of the death squads and a small time drug dealer who's basically in hiding for fear of being murdered. People earlier in the thread were talking about how if you aren't poor, this isn't having much effect on you and that seems to bear out in the article. Both the killer and drug dealer are very poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I remember one of the responses to this was to give the reporter a raise or something because they could find one of these so called secret killers and that the reporter was likely full of poo poo. It's clear that the reporter probably isn't making things up unless the person they interviewed is also making things up.

Yeah, I did consider that but the BBC tends not to publish outright false information, so I figured I might as well post it.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

chami posted:

How strong is their case against de Lima anyway? Last I heard anything about that, they were trying to play the morality police and slut-shame her for alleged infidelity.

Also making the rounds are people blaming the international media for "destabilizing the country". Yea sure, blame the international media for the trouble in the glorious Democratic People's Republic of the Philippines. :allears:

It sounds like the case will end up being as strong as the administration wants it to be.