Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

It's not a coup, since there was a legitimate transfer of power. A revolution, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I went and skimmed wiki's list of train accidents since 2010; there's tons of US/EU coal train derailments etc. There arn't very many Chinese ones listed at all. In fact, unbelievably few; it leads me to believe that non-fatality accidents simply arn't reported at all by the Chinese, or at least not in any source tracked by English-speakers.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

For some reason people are especially bloody-minded when it comes to injuries inflicted by cars, a lot more likely to sympathize/fantasize about such violence and unlikely to give a poo poo about the victims. I've noticed this in several countries. I'm really not sure what to attribute it to.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

*scratch head* this'alls happened very fast.

'Their larynx is not adjusted to civility' is innovative, i'll give him that.

I wonder if all the (previous) continuous insults directed at US politicians were to try and get some return shittalking, helping justify the turn to China.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

A military base might be a step too far. It'd probably be political suicide through angering the old guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the story about that mayor is such blatant bullshit.

how does 'His guards opened fire first at the police checkpoint, and then the police unfortunately killed all 10 of them without taking any casualties,, and here's the huge crates of shabu he was carrying!' pass anyone's smell test, ever.