Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Fojar38 posted:

There's no loving way that the Chinese and Russians are offering to sell weapons to a US treaty ally currently embroiled in a territorial dispute with one of them.
I don't believe it either, but I'm sure that China would be more than happy to sell weapons, and a lot more, in exchange for Filipino recognition of the "nine dash line." It's hard to overstate the importance of that particular territorial dispute to China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

KingEup posted:

Do the news media not realise that Duterte has already admitted to murdering people?
Yeah - I'm a bit baffled as well. I mean, is it really surprising that the guy responsible for a nation-wide policy of murdering non-violent offenders is being accused of having personally killed people in the past? And how is that any different, morally or legally, from giving the orders to kill now?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

So, I imagined that Duterte, being a moron, would follow through on his threats to pivot away from the US and towards China. But I didn't realize that he'd demand basically nothing in exchange. This is insane.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

BarbarianElephant posted:

So, uh, no bad feelings then?
Traditionally, Vietnam hates China more than the US. And the average American doesn't care anymore.