Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Less important but here's something he actually said on his trip to Israel:

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2018/09/03/1848603/duterte-insane-leaders-hitler-should-be-disposed-instantly

quote:

"I could not imagine of a country obey an insane leader. And I could not ever fathom the spectacle of a human being going into a killing spree, murdering old men, women, men, children, mother,"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'm looking forward to his immediate successor, who will somehow be Bongbong Marcos. I don't know how they'll wrangle that outcome but I have faith in this shithole country.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Argue posted:

I'm looking forward to his immediate successor, who will somehow be Bongbong Marcos. I don't know how they'll wrangle that outcome but I have faith in this shithole country.

ok now i know and what a surprise gradenko's galaxy brain is psychic

(translations my own)
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...m_campaign=news

quote:

A House committee draft federal charter authored by Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and other lawmakers skips over Vice President Leni Robredo as President Rodrigo Duterte's successor during the transition period to a federal form of government in the event he is unable to perform his duties.

Article XVII, Section 4 of the Committee on Constitutional Amendments' draft federal charter states that upon its ratification, the incumbent President and Vice President will continue to exercise their powers and functions until the election of their successors, which will be held on the second Monday of May 2022.

"In case a vacancy arises by reason of removal, resignation, permanent incapacity or death of the incumbent President, the incumbent Senate President shall as act as President until a President shall have been chosen and qualified," the section added.

Article XVII refers to "Transitory Provisions," which lay out the structure and status of the government during the transition period until the new federal government is fully operational.

Bongbong poll protest

In a phone interview with reporters, House panel chair Vicente Veloso said the decision to have the incumbent Senate President succeed Duterte is mainly due to the ongoing electoral protest of defeated vice presidential candidate Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos against Robredo.

He said that the Supreme Court, acting as Presidential Electoral Tribunal, may have differing decisions on the electoral protest, depending on the motion for reconsideration of the losing party.

"Because of this problem, since [sa] batas natin ang next sa line ng succession to the President ay Vice President at after the VP ang Senate President, may nag-propose na idiretso na lang sa Senate president para walang instability tayo in the occupancy sa napakaimportanteng position ng presidente," Veloso said.

["Because of this problem, since according to our laws, the next in the line of succession to the President is the Vice President and after the VP is the Senate President, someone proposed that we just go straight to the Senate president so that there's no instability in the occupancy of the very important position of President."]

"Tsaka it is not an only ongoing protest, the dispute involves a very slim margin. 'Yun lang naman ang punto ng proponent," he added.

["Also, it is not only an ongoing protest, the dispute involves a very slim margin. That's the only point the proponents are making."]

Duterte has openly declared his aversion to the idea of Robredo—who leads the opposition—taking over from him, even saying he would prefer Marcos, who holds no elected position, as his successor.

The draft federal charter's resolution has been endorsed to the chamber's plenary after it has been approved by the panel.

Aside from this provision, the panel's draft federal charter also states that the term of the incumbent President and Vice President, which will end on June 30, 2022, will not be extended.

The current Senate President is human garbage Tito Sotto, who has always been terrible but whom I mostly remember from his very vocal opposition to the Reproductive Health Bill and his frequent plagiarism of famous American speeches in service of his own politics. I think I have an archived effortthread in LF somewhere where I was complaining about the RH bill and making fun him a lot

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

sucky

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

BOOM

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/09...rcRxE5OWCys-4ec

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/11/09/18/imelda-marcos-found-guilty-of-graft?fbclid=IwAR0L9R4nMx8Pvyitvv83iT2CLXHZdN0YG4wIAFtbLOU6rcRxE5OWCys-4ec posted:

MANILA - The Sandiganbayan 5th Division on Friday found former First Lady and Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Romualdez Marcos guilty in 7 counts of graft for using her Cabinet position to maintain Swiss bank accounts during the Marcos regime.

Excited to see how Duterte responds to this news about his favorite family!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Former president Joseph Estrada, who was impeached and convicted of plunder in 2001, has been mayor of Metro Manila since 2013. 🙃

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The C-SPAM thread's been awful quiet too. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861500&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I just wanna complain about my water service!!!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Wait... We were once governed directly by Mexico? Or am I misunderstanding?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Should we ask mods for a Philippines thread in LAN, for general Philippines shitposting?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Stay safe, friends!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'd say we're doing great. We're totally at 85%.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

double sigh