Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

prefect posted:

he's a plumber, and that's his plumbmobile -- the shirt could be part of a uniform

i'll choose to ignore the facts and believe he's an actuary or something and he just likes decorate his car like that thank you very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

teen bear posted:

*yospos closes for a week*

hmm, good

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
heres a funny computor pic

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

prefect posted:

he's a plumber, and that's his plumbmobile -- the shirt could be part of a uniform

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"We're just, not half fast"

Seems like a really bad slogan imo :confused:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Antlerhill posted:

this dude has to wear a lime green tshirt whenever he drives his car
that's quite a bit of dedication to a dumb visual gag

imagine one night his wife tells him their out of milk and can he go to the store and get some milk before the store closes and he's like sure honey just let me put on a lime green tshirt first
wouldn't want anyone to see me drive my car without my lime green tshirt
that would ruin the joke

what's that son? mom's too busy to drive you to school ? no worries i'll drop you off on my way to work, just let me put on my lime green tshirt

nothing could be more proof of having never worked a day in ones life than being completely unable to identify a contractors shirt even though they are literally fluorescent green and designed to be as highly visible as possible

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

heres a funny computor pic

a cat using a computer?! now i've seen everything!

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

LastInLine posted:

nothing could be more proof of having never worked a day in ones life than being completely unable to identify a contractors shirt even though they are literally fluorescent green and designed to be as highly visible as possible

i worked construction for a couple years after highschool
it was just a dumb joke

also now that i think about it i don't remember ever seeing a contractor we worked with having a uniform on that had a highly visible colour
they mostly just wore whatever and put on a hi vis vest if the site super made them
that might've just been because the projects were relatively small though

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

im old enough to remember when they all wore vests but nowadays they all wear safety green/orange tshirts because they arent going to get caught on anything and you can buy them in bulk

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Antlerhill posted:

imagine one night his wife tells him their out of milk and can he go to the store and get some milk before the store closes and he's like sure honey just let me put on a lime green tshirt first
that would ruin the joke

what's that son? mom's too busy to drive you to school ? no worries i'll drop you off on my way to work, just let me put on my lime green tshirt

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

LastInLine posted:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
It must be a regional thing, people don't wear green in my state.

They just don't do it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

is this from star trek or what?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

LastInLine posted:

i worked construction for years and i've never heard of such a thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

have you guys never heard of a uniform

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuRXVMSG3po

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

what do a computer and a t-rex have in common?

they both have mega-bites! XD XD

http://gfycat.com/SickSmoggyAtlanticridleyturtle

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Pics!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Hello boys!~~~~`

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Syncopated posted:

is this from star trek or what?

it's the death star

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Truth in advertising:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Antlerhill posted:

that would ruin the joke

One class distinction that is arising in America is that rich white people (incuding myself till recently) dont realize that Hispanic construction workers are required by liability to wear that particular shade of Neon Safety Green. You see somebody wearing that color, they have a hard life. Your goal is to stay out of the Neon Green Safety Tee.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
https://gfycat.com/SourMasculineFlyinglemur

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

japanese yospos looks p. good

someone pls link me to their pics thread

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Hello boys!~~~~`

Trig, what is the sexiest fish you have ever seen?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

here is the uncorrupted version:

in vga text mode, you write the text for the frame, then you send that to the vga hardware and the VGA hardware is just gonna look up the glyph for each text character by the ascii code.

the glyphs that I see substituted (and their ascii codes) are

o->g
0x6F->0x67

n->f
0x6E->0x66

N->F
0x4E->0x46

,->$
0x2C->0x24

i->a
0x69-0x61

so you immediately notice that they're all off by 8, that is, they all are a difference of one bit flipping, the bit in position 3 (because 2^3 is 8).

code:
position: 7 6 5 4 _ 3 2 1 0
bit:      0 0 0 0 _ X 0 0 0
so for example

code:
n (0x6E): 0 1 1 0 _ 1 1 1 0 
f (0x66): 0 1 1 0 _ 0 1 1 0
so it's an intermittently stuck wire somewhere, could be that the hardware is overheated and causing the timing to screw up and sometimes not flip that position 3 bit to 1 fast enough before it gets latched, or something like that.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 25, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

C.H.O.M.E posted:

in vga text mode, you write the text for the frame, then you send that to the vga hardware and the VGA hardware is just gonna look up the glyph for each text character by the ascii code.

o->g
0x6F->0x67

n->f
0x6E->0x66

N->F
0x4E->0x46

,->$
0x2C->0x24

i->a
0x69-0x61

so you immediately notice that they're all off by 8, that is, they all are a difference of one bit flipping, the bit in position 3 (because 2^3 is 8).

code:

so for example

code:

so it's an intermittently stuck wire somewhere, could be that the hardware is overheated and causing the timing to screw up and sometimes not flip that position 3 bit to 1 fast enough before it gets latched, or something like that.

first good post itt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-dXJl2I0s

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
you wear a fucken high-vis shirt and noone questions ya, you just get paid. cash in hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCmyGg3vnM

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

There's the Mike Nolan Show on comedy Central Australia too, which is lots of hi vis hijinks.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

bump_fn posted:

first good post itt

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

C.H.O.M.E posted:

o->g
0x6F->0x67

n->f
0x6E->0x66

N->F
0x4E->0x46

,->$
0x2C->0x24

i->a
0x69-0x61

code:
so for example

code:

i had always assumed it was an old virus doing it so these posts about it have been pcool

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0gXgTPveg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Postin'

Oh no!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also I will not inline this as I know some weak pissbitch will make a fuss over it:

http://i.imgur.com/C9bw3wL.jpg minor NWS

lol @ the majority of folks getting small potatoes handout protest dildos and a couple of ladies bringing their own homeboys along :eyepop: :dong:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also I will not inline this as I know some weak pissbitch will make a fuss over it:

lol @ the majority of folks getting small potatoes handout protest dildos and a couple of ladies bringing their own homeboys along :eyepop: :dong:

I would like to be invited to this party.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

That is quite the parade leader.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bill NYSE posted:

That is quite the parade leader.

Rakim say, "Follow the leader."

waves dil in air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU