Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i got to see one crackhead chase another crackhead up and down a major street with a boxcutter on the way home today, musta passed through smokaville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

wait, is this a photo?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
well, i was on the streetcar so no, but i did fill the streets with my honking laughter

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

yippee cahier posted:

my :canada: dad filled up a couple VHS tapes of news coverage about the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oka_Crisis. no berlin wall or anything else. guess he thought it was going off.

mandatory

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

he's really good and cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6VHqHHYFs

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB0xH7GhwSY

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lol

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

gently caress yessssss

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Apparently a gram of heroin was around $2000-6000 in 1980. In the 1950s the Americans started building dams on the Helmand river in Afghanistan that slowly raised the water table and swamped the land with salt. By the 80's the only thing that would grow there was poppies and the price of heroin had decreased by ~3000%. Woohoo!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Chris Knight posted:

just read this poo poo: dude's got stories for miles: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864997/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_qt_sm#quotes

oh my goddd lmaoooo

quote:

[2011, on working with Steven Seagal on The Glimmer Man (1996)] So I show up at Steven's home on Stone Canyon Road. My audition was at 10 a.m. And I sat in his living room, which was filled with saddles. Saddles. All over the place. Like, ornate saddles. And I waited until 12:30. Steven came downstairs. He had been asleep. And at that point, I was kind of... What do you call it? You know, when waiting to do an audition, you develop a certain amount of stress. Like athletes who build up lactic acid in their body. At that time, I was still with lactic acid. Or whatever. My body became a toxic-waste dump. So I really don't remember the audition too much, because I was so traumatized-there's the trauma - I was traumatized by waiting to audition. They wanted me to shoot one of the first days of shooting. They called me at 7 in the morning, which I'm used to, but the crew call was 9. So I came in two hours early. The reason they wanted me two hours early was that they wanted to discuss hair with the hairdresser. But because I was bald, the hairdresser didn't come in, so I was stuck waiting in the parking lot for someone to show up for two hours. When, finally, people showed up, John Gray came in and told me in a panic that Steven Seagal wanted to rewrite the script. He decided it was bad for his karma to constantly be killing people in movies, so he didn't want to kill me, anymore. And I said, "Well, it's important in the script that he kills me, because I'm, like, a serial killer". And he said, "Don't get into it with him. He believes it hurts his karmic development if he were to kill people". And Warner Brothers is furious, because they told Steven, "Steven, we hired you because you're good at killing people. And you know, you dance with who brought you. We're not casting you to do a peace-loving cop, we're casting you to murder people". So, we got in to rehearse our scene, and Steven says, "You wanna go over the lines?" And I go, "Sure". "By the way, I should mention I think we should change the end, because I shouldn't kill you". And John Gray is standing behind us doing the ix-nay sign, with his finger going across his throat, like, "Don't talk, don't talk, don't talk. Don't say anything". I said, "Steven, that is an amazing argument. I never really thought of that before. But coming from my character's perspective, I am trapped in hell, being a serial killer. It is the worst thing that I could imagine. So if you were to kill me, you would actually be freeing me to come back in a reincarnational form as something better, and I would be able to atone for my sins here on Earth. So I think you would be doing me a huge favor". And Steven said, "I never thought of it that way". So we shot the scene where he shoots me. We put in the prosthetics where my whole chest explodes when he shoots me, and then he walks up with the gun smoking, and looks down at me. We do this whole scene where I hold a priest hostage. He looks down at me, smoking, and John patted me on the back, and he said, "Thank you, Stephen, for getting us out of that one". Fade out. Fade in. Two and a half months later, I get a phone call from John Gray. He said, "Oh, dear. We're in trouble. Steven Seagal started ad-libbing in another scene about, "Thank God I didn't kill the guy in the church". So we have to find some way to add some lines to indicate that you're not dead. So can you come in and look at the scene and see if we can put something into the film to indicate that you are still alive?" So I'm watching the film. Keenen Ivory Wayans walks in to watch the scene. We do the whole scene where I'm holding the priest, Steven shoots me, my chest explodes in slow-motion! I mean, the entire chest cavity goes! I fall out of frame, Steven walks up with the smoking gun. And John Gray said, "Maybe you can add a line off-camera here". And I said, "Like what? What would I add? Like, 'You missed me!' or, 'Thank God it's just a flesh wound', or 'Oh no! I'm injured!'" I mean, my whole chest exploded. Keenen Ivory Wayans just rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. So I added, off-camera, "Finish me. Finish me off, you son of a bitch! Finish me!" It's ludicrous! And I don't know what they ended up showing. I don't know if they ended up cutting that entirely, cutting me getting shot, cutting what I said, but I knew we were in the area of high comedy at that point.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Trig Discipline posted:

160GB ipod classic is still the best music player ever made

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
http://i.imgur.com/oMPTBb3.gifv

fencing response! fencing response!!!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

gently caress yes

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

you'd think they'd have a photo for this one

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I got a born to die shirt hell yeah

same it friggin owns

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

god fallout 3 rules

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Necc0 posted:

iirc mars has a dead core and as such doesn't have a magnetic field and can't hold a life-sustaining atmosphere. if there used to be life there its core dying may have been what wiped it out

i don't think we know if mars has a solid core or not but yes, it has a very weak magnetosphere which allows the solar wind to blast the atmosphere away slowly

thanks magnetosphere

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

spankmeister posted:

I loved it when random poo poo would just fall out of the sky. Like school buses.

i got a glitch where forces stopped being applied to gibs so when things would get blown up they would gib and immediately freeze in place. queue me walking around to find horrifying mostly-together blogs of brain and eyes staring at me. it is legitimately the scariest thing i've ever seen in a video game because i'd played like 60 hours of it and then suddenly oh god oh god what is that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodQHlOB_GI

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

George posted:

have u ever noticed how weight lifters' hands can't close properly

no?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
have you ever noticed how programmers whine about standing desks and lower back pain constantly

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

prefect posted:

i've found i have less back pain if i sit with my body at a 135-degree angle

the implication is back pain is from a sedentary lifestyle

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

HOLD ON where the f is Scorpion's dick?

maniacdevnull posted:

thread title please

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

maybe it's the other way around? let me check the game of thrones genitalia wiki

deffo the other way around lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
eunuchs probably wouldn't make very good soldiers tho? bad premise

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
anyone have that pic of that guy's "loadout"? He worked as a computer janitor at a nasa contractor or something and its all labelled "docs" "black pants" "nasa polo" "glock"

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

anthonypants posted:

myrtar's inventory

gently caress that's it, ty

i couldn't remember his goddamn name

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

same

good excuse to give the forums money though

mine is alright but i'll probably change it

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Improbable Lobster posted:

last time i tried nitrous i felt kinda good for a couple minutes and that was it

yeah its super short, that's why people burn through like hundreds a night

they're best mixed with other drugs anyway

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
they're named after professional whipped cream chargers

i have one, it's great for getting really hosed up and making amazing whipped cream

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Graff posted:

dmt actually enhances the brain's innate ability to drive a car

not sure i'd even know what a car was on dmt

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I don't find nitrous that euphoric, just weird, not sure why

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Graff posted:

barely works on me. it seems a lot of poo poo used in inducing anaesthesia doesn't. at this point I'm not so much worried about waking up during surgery so much as heckling during surgery.

yeah 100% same

Sapozhnik posted:

oh yeah that's real good suture technique fgt, where'd you learn it, the toilet store?

lmao

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
RIP colin

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Moist von Lipwig