Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Sophian posted:

All you folks who hate me and Smoka posting music here.... trust me on this one....

lol what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

meaningful white space is fine, imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

well that's just your opinion and it's ok.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

maybe they are holographic 3D displays.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yes. yes. very good.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

big scary monsters posted:

i'm walking the dog right now, yosfit fans

i just got back from taking my dog for a walk.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Phone posted:

using a bandsaw, tracksaw, or even a radial arm saw are all way way way way way more inherently safer than a table saw. like if i'm ripping something on the bandsaw and space out for a split second, chances are pretty good that i'm not going to lose a finger or have any kickback.

a tablesaw is useful, but people are super cavalier about safety in general (i see the same poo poo in auto racing, too)

i looooove my radial arm saw but i tried ripping a board on it once and just stopped and put that whole project on hold until i got a table saw. :negative:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Video Nasty posted:

What the gently caress makes that a Chicago-style pizza? Because it's round?

https://i.imgur.com/gOCAQZV.gifv

https://twitter.com/davedittell/status/675806988572319744

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

this is cool

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

siggraph videos are just the best

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Sagebrush posted:

the flight simulator X-Plane is developed by one crazy guy who got web-1.0 rich and now just does that and rambles on his blog about rescue dogs or something

anyway i remember in like 1999~2000 he was getting all into the idea of making it a combat sim (one of the most-requested features, since the sim has a system that lets you build and simulate your own planes without much difficulty) -- he had this weird mech game side project called Young's Modulus that was a tech demo for combat, supposedly, and he was making posts about his progress putting missiles and tracking systems into X-Plane.

then 9/11 happened and like a day later he wrote a giant screed on his blog about how AIRPLANES SHOULD NEVER BE WEAPONS!!!! and how he was STRIPPING ALL COMBAT CODE FROM X-PLANE RIGHT NOW, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!! X-COMBAT IS DEAD!!!

he did a space combat sim too around the same time. called "space combat". http://web.archive.org/web/20090727192223/http://www.x-plane.com/SpaceCombat.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

creationist believer posted:

loving hell I saw clinton = slaveowners a few times in yospos tonight and thought it was the new pizzagate or some other lovely retread of the 2016 election. but how the hell can election that drew so much media coverage and vitriol not have anyone go "hey let's read the books published by the candidates to see if either of them endorsed slavery?" i don't remember anyone bringing this up in 2008 either wtf is wrong with america other than "we can't make a negative ad about this because most americans still support slavery as long as it's prisoners"

ahhh but you see

quote:

Amendment XIII
SECTION 1

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

america is extremely bad

• Locked thread