Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Antlerhill posted:

this dude has to wear a lime green tshirt whenever he drives his car
that's quite a bit of dedication to a dumb visual gag

imagine one night his wife tells him their out of milk and can he go to the store and get some milk before the store closes and he's like sure honey just let me put on a lime green tshirt first
wouldn't want anyone to see me drive my car without my lime green tshirt
that would ruin the joke

what's that son? mom's too busy to drive you to school ? no worries i'll drop you off on my way to work, just let me put on my lime green tshirt

One class distinction that is arising in America is that rich white people (incuding myself till recently) dont realize that Hispanic construction workers are required by liability to wear that particular shade of Neon Safety Green. You see somebody wearing that color, they have a hard life. Your goal is to stay out of the Neon Green Safety Tee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sophian posted:

I read normal injectors and bulk epinephrine are cheaper but that time and accuracy and training are required for them to do the same job as an epipen. And since both need to be used in life-threatening situations, the simpler, foolproof method could mean the difference between life and death

We should definitely make the difference between life and death strictly financial then, bring on the epipens

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im so cornfused

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

i'm not seeing what's wrong about shooting a drone out of the sky :shrug:

are you some sort of hippie that doesnt believe that people can like, own things, man

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the drone registration law went into effect today actually i think, couple dudes were grousing about "two days left" earlier this week on the radio. iirc anything over 1/2 pound has to be regged and anything over a higher weight you gotta have a basic pilot license or something for?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"that drone is loaded with high explosives and circling our property"

"Let's start flinging double-ought at it. We'll figure out what to do with the out of control high explosives crashing onto our property later"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its a microcosm of the whole problem we've had for the past 50 years or so since onset of information age/computers/networking. can/should

throwing camera drones into the mix means adding a third dimension to privacy/security concerns that we previously did not pay attention to. I mean sure there are spy planes but those are run by the government

epipen posted:

just dont see the difference between equally as heavy and dangerous RC planes and RC quad copters? both can use cameras, one can hover better and generally has better software and is less likely to crash? the only user error likely to gently caress much up is running out of batteries or trying to do dumb stunts

fixed-wing and manual piloted RC choppers require a bit of skill and investment, meanwhile the explosion in smartphones gave us $3 accelerometer chips that turn literally any idiot with a couple hundred bucks into a spy cam operator peeping their neighbor's wife's titties or creepin on they kids or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
iirc phantoms already have no-fly blocks programmed in and people are GPS hacking to get around them, that will end well

the big thing about drones to me and why they are worse than just a fat guy in the bushes is that they can get the gently caress away real fast and you have no idea who that was, theres no tail numbers, nothing like adsb or whatever. yeah there are anti stalking laws, did we just invent a thing to make them irrelevant tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

do me a favour and tell art bell he's a fucker on ham radio

lol he gets trained all the time in ham radio land
you hear W6OBB on the air, there's gonna be a pileup real fast with 20 dudes trolling him about his dead wife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Glorgnole posted:

no one's ever going to regulate or care about robotic submersibles so I'll just keep doing that as my hobby

this is dope, hell yes, nice

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

if anyone does lmk ill probe for gore

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh hey now lets post pictures of the pieces of poo poo we drove before we had perfect robots welding our cars

your beef should not be with the robots replacing workers but with the society that rejects the post-work zeitgeist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah thats why i knew what was coming as i scrolled down and still said fuuuuuuuck

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drat you ain't lyin

tickling the 49th there

look at how much power is being burnt up to make the pretty lights i love it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

aurora looks like this, but it's constantly moving. it's unmistakable and rad. sucks for you guys who live in the south or on the coasts

it sounds amazing too (certain ham bands can bounce off aurora super effectively)

get ready for chainsaw voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3UM2-hRqjI

the rapidly fluttering auroral surface/body fucks up voice modulation hence the buzzsaw

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah imgur is the new tumblr or something done on purpose to sandbox jailbait and other stuff Reddit proper has gotten in trouble for

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you just get some church's chicken with some of their potatoes, the taters have peppers and onions in them so its basically like a deconstructed that thing
and also church's is pretty good for a chain

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every christmas morning i make chocolate gravy because that's the stupid tradition mrs and i have adopted, and i go to popeyes and just get 12 of their salty rear end horrible for you biscuits and it's perfect

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
vice: not even once

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
modern lgbt culture.flv :xd:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
canada i love you so much and i wish we could live together some day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i wont lie i immediately lost it at "confidence antler"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this thread is incredibly painful to read right now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Also ballet is actually bad and needs to go away

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

remembering challenger (and also new york seltzer) is what separates generation y from millenials

my first film was return of the jedi (though i was too young to remember). can confirm challenger was my first Big Thing but also i remember iran contra as being very big

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Saw him live a few weeks ago holy poo poo that show was insane. Highlight of the night was definitely the live action 9/11 costume.
Or maybe the dude who chugged a bottle of ranch dressing and then fuckin yakked on stage. And then finished another bottle.

punk is dead

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is this some weird egg cream shibboleth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oglaf is horrible dont post that trash itc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp