Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

proof of concept posted:

d&d is everything I hate about my own political affiliation all in one convenient place in case I ever need to remind myself of what the crazy shitheads on my side of the aisle are like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
One of the most "PC" people I know who makes safe spaces is a chronic manipulator who subconsciously plants womb resonance triggers in every club he creates. I call him the umbilical imbecile. Ya, safe spaces aren't safe spoilers.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I still don't know what robocop means unless people are talking about the dope Peter Weller movie. Is it like someone trying to be Internet Police?

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tonsured posted:

One of the most "PC" people I know who makes safe spaces is a chronic manipulator who subconsciously plants womb resonance triggers in every club he creates. I call him the umbilical imbecile. Ya, safe spaces aren't safe spoilers.

jwing if ur the same Dan Touesnard of team hubris http://wiki.teamliquid.net/overwatch/Team_Hubris

really big fan here!!!!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

d&d is everything I hate

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Are you surprised people are reacting this way ? There were serious articles about cafeterias banning fried rice and poo poo like that.

I guess you're either a nazi or a pissbaby no middle-ground anymore.

lol yeah, the correct reaction to extremists on one end is to just get equally extreme but on the other!

some people are mentally ill and doing X in the name of political correctness, therefore the only rational reasonable solution is to replace words I read with the N word. In this way, balance in the universe is maintained :downs:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hth posted:

i had a whopperito last night and i think it was bad on purpose. as if bk sold it to make a solid point to chipotle about staying in ones own lane.

my rear end in a top hat is suffering for chipotle's sins right now

wtf are you talking about, is chipotle offering burgers now?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hth posted:

i had a whopperito last night and i think it was bad on purpose. as if bk sold it to make a solid point to chipotle about staying in ones own lane.

my rear end in a top hat is suffering for chipotle's sins right now

its supposed to be a whopper you can fit in your cup holder

that's its entire purpose for being.

BK

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I still don't know what robocop means unless people are talking about the dope Peter Weller movie. Is it like someone trying to be Internet Police?

its a wordfilter for Ess Jay Double U.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

lol yeah, the correct reaction to extremists on one end is to just get equally extreme but on the other!

some people are mentally ill and doing X in the name of political correctness, therefore the only rational reasonable solution is to replace words I read with the N word. In this way, balance in the universe is maintained :downs:

Well you're not allowed to call them mentally ill either because you're a normative scum or something. So what are you supposed to do then ?

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
whatever u do dont trust paul callahan and the other mics that think smileyes = mdma

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

Well you're not allowed to call them mentally ill either because you're a normative scum or something. So what are you supposed to do then ?

probably not install word filters to your web browser to replace words with the N word like you are 13 idk man

ignore them probably, that seems to be working just dandy for me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"heteronormative signifiers" is a really funny phrase

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I still don't know what robocop means
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbqr7tejMWg

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tom Gorman posted:

lmao

quote:

Similarly, many universities are creating “safe spaces” where students can relax free from ideas that might be stressful or anxiety-inducing. Among these is Brown University, which last year created a room “with cookies, coloring books, bubbles, Play-Doh, calming music, pillows, blankets and a video of frolicking puppies” because a debate on sexual assault was taking place on campus.

college kids need bubbles, binkys and nappy naps

what if puppies are my trigger? :ohdear:

can i get a safe space with kitties instead?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it's hilarious to me when moridin dives into a thread, gets angry and then starts doing the posting equivalent of a child spinning in circles windmilling his fists around while screeching just lashing out in every direction

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

d&d is everything I hate

Yeah but we can all be thankful it exists and that d&d posters don't wander into GBS that often.

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

"heteronormative signifiers" is a really funny phrase

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

proof of concept posted:

it's hilarious to me when moridin dives into a thread, gets angry and then starts doing the posting equivalent of a child spinning in circles windmilling his fists around while screeching just lashing out in every direction

ya morodin you been doing that more lately you should chill bae

something going on personnaly? its all good duder

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this poo poo is so overblown it is unbelievable. I'm a TA at a massive public university helping with the most offensive possible classes, history, and never once have i even heard teh words "safe space" uttered IRL except for by crazy wingnut conservatives in my cohort

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

proof of concept posted:

its every thread and it owns

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

moridin is legit one of the best gbs posters

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
God forbid people have to think about difficult subjects. All the young safe-spacer types think they're so unique, quirky, and literally a genius. Enforce some rules on them and tell them they're not special and they have pretty epic breakdowns lol

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Frog Act posted:

moridin is legit one of the best gbs posters

woah if true

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Most of those posts make cogent arguments, OP. What do you disagree with

People who grow up and suffer from real/serious past traumas are probably less then 1% of the people freaking out online about safe spaces and demanding the removal of things they find offensive or triggering. Look at what happened at Yale when that one professor sent out an email stating "banning people from wearing racist costumes does nothing, if you see someone doing it make them aware of how it makes you feel blah blah blah" basically a little tone deaf but wholly emphasizing that people need to be engaging with things they disagree with don't understand rather then have institutions simply shield them from them entirely. Cue this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-new-intolerance-of-student-activism-at-yale/414810/

This is one of the greatest institutions of learning in the world, and hear is someone who's dedicate his life to education and students being screamed at for trying to discuss the matter with people in a calm way. The professor who sent the email end up resigning. The same thing with the racism at the other college campuses, there was a "safe space" that sprung up in the middle of the quad and had protestors getting borderline-physically violent with cameras and reporters

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/09/mizzou-protesters-to-media-stay-out-of-our-safe-space-or-we-ll-call-the-cops.html

This is not healthy and not helpful in any way. All it does is reinforce the idea in these people's heads that they can just refuse and walk away from a problem rather then dealing with it head on and grow from the experience. Maybe UoC will face a backlash for it, maybe they won't. Either way the rise of tumblr-sjw-internet trolls hyping up these incidents and causing real world harm to people who were just trying to help isn't going away any time soon.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

down n out posted:

God forbid people have to think about difficult subjects. All the young safe-spacer types think they're so unique, quirky, and literally a genius. Enforce some rules on them and tell them they're not special and they have pretty epic breakdowns lol

these blue haired menaces everyone imagines ruining college aren't real

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

down n out posted:

its almost as if the justice system is a real thing that was designed by human beings or some poo poo and not just made up totally

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

probably not install word filters to your web browser to replace words with the N word like you are 13 idk man

ignore them probably, that seems to be working just dandy for me

They just do a sit-in and block the cafeteria. What do you do then ? You still haven't provided an answer, just more extreme reactionary stuff

epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

hey rat bot gimme my knife back

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Frog Act posted:

theyre too busy ruining the ren faire hehe

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

pentyne posted:

People who grow up and suffer from real/serious past traumas are probably less then 1% of the people freaking out online about safe spaces and demanding the removal of things they find offensive or triggering. Look at what happened at Yale when that one professor sent out an email stating "banning people from wearing racist costumes does nothing, if you see someone doing it make them aware of how it makes you feel blah blah blah" basically a little tone deaf but wholly emphasizing that people need to be engaging with things they disagree with don't understand rather then have institutions simply shield them from them entirely. Cue this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsgc0k594Js
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-new-intolerance-of-student-activism-at-yale/414810/

This is one of the greatest institutions of learning in the world, and hear is someone who's dedicate his life to education and students being screamed at for trying to discuss the matter with people in a calm way. The professor who sent the email end up resigning. The same thing with the racism at the other college campuses, there was a "safe space" that sprung up in the middle of the quad and had protestors getting borderline-physically violent with cameras and reporters

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/09/mizzou-protesters-to-media-stay-out-of-our-safe-space-or-we-ll-call-the-cops.html

This is not healthy and not helpful in any way. All it does is reinforce the idea in these people's heads that they can just refuse and walk away from a problem rather then dealing with it head on and grow from the experience. Maybe UoC will face a backlash for it, maybe they won't. Either way the rise of tumblr-sjw-internet trolls hyping up these incidents and causing real world harm to people who were just trying to help isn't going away any time soon.
sounds like you need a safe space for people who want to actually learn and think about stuff. don't they have institutions for people like you? I think they're called.... learnatoriums

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Frog Act posted:

In this thread they are; Imaginary people are getting some people really mad

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the professor i'm working for this semester had a student write to the admin saying he was a german jew trying to rob her of her faith thouh, which is funny.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Frog Act posted:

what about that really fat bitch that got real mad and jiggly at based fag milo

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Al Cowens posted:

sounds like you need a safe space for people who want to actually learn and think about stuff. don't they have institutions for people like you? I think they're called.... learnatoriums

hahaha nice one my man

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I'm way too gleeful about this.

Meanwhile, waiting to see if Ottawa U bans yoga again this year. Go GG's.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

what about that really fat bitch that got real mad and jiggly at based fag milo

well they're not ruining anything but their own health. there is one at my school, a huge fat retard who stands around with fat acceptance signs from time to time.

this is her

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

what i mean is they're effectively nonexistent insofar as literally nobody listens to anything stupid undergrads have to say

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm way too gleeful about this.

Meanwhile, waiting to see if Ottawa U bans yoga again this year. Go GG's.

What's wrong with yoga ? Were the men too distracted by hot butts in yoga pants and couldn't focus on studying ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Frog Act posted:

what i mean is they're effectively nonexistent insofar as literally nobody listens to anything stupid undergrads have to say

true

• Locked thread