Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I forgot how to do math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

quote:

The pressure gauge on a tank registers the gauge pressure, which is the difference between the interior pressure and exterior pressure. When the tank is full of oxygen (O2), it contains 9.00 kg of the gas at a gauge pressure of 44.0 atm. Determine the mass of oxygen that has been withdrawn from the tank when the pressure reading is 31.2 atm. Assume the temperature of the tank remains constant.

Do this question for me and I'll give you a blowjob.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Okay smarty pants how about this one:

At 29°C, an aluminum ring has an inner diameter of 6.000 0 cm and a brass rod has a diameter of 6.060 0 cm. If only the ring is warmed, what temperature must it reach so that it will just slip over the rod?

I've solved this one already. The correct answer gets a dick suck.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
The answer is 2068.97 degrees C. But Aluminum has a melting point of 660 degrees C. So the ring would melt before it could pass over the rod.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

i bet you could build the strongest bridge ever out of the least material possible at -200 degrees c

I only deal with aluminum rings and brass rods. Sorry.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

symbolic posted:

write that down along with "this question is loving pointless"

I can't write it down. All of my assignments are digital. I log into a website and enter the answers into a field and I'm graded immediately.

Back in my day a professor wrote the assignments on the chalk board and graded them with red ink.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Iron Prince posted:

I am 28 and going to school for Chinese. I got a "gentleman's B" in algebra but that's all the math I have to take haha gently caress 您uuuuuuu

I don't have to take math. I completed the Calculus III requirement 10 years ago. I just have to get through second year physics.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I'm taking a physics course that requires knowledge of math that I haven't seen for 10 years. It's intimidating.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm 29 too. I think my credits have expired. I've already attempted to go back to school twice and they just didn't take. I can't finish a degree.

I started college in 2006 and my credits have never expired. Talk to a counselor.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I took first year physics and Calc III almost 10 years ago. I don't even remember how to take the derivative of a simple equation.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

just
keep
posting

Nobody
Thinks
You're
Funny

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Demonachizer posted:

What are you going to school for? I went back older than you and math is the worst part. Linear algebra is a loving headache as an example. If you only have to do calc then it won't be too bad.

I'm going "back" to school for a computer science degree. I have all the math I need. Math is easy, physics is hard.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

math is not hard. i remember u were struggling with matrixes or some such. stats and coding are very powerful together

You can't be serious.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

ahrehrejhejajaj posted:

stem is an attitude not a practice :p

stem is gay

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
i enjoy being a butt fuckerr in and out of prison alive or dead in pain or not though i have preferences and ethics is this code to u ppl

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I admit it's fun seeing all the bright-eyed youngin's fresh out of high school. Life is still new and interesting for them. They'll learn.

Also, thank god for yoga pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I like to wear my hat backwards and blast smash mouth in the parking lot by myself.

• Locked thread