Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

quote:

They always have stairs in their house because SomethingAwful was hot poo poo 10 years ago. It was the big walled-garden for elitists who demanded everyone use proper punctuation and grammar and otherwise follow rules or get banned. Individual thread posters could write their own thread-local rules which the paid moderators would then enforce. Perfect order. When I finally got a credit card as a teenager the ten bux to get in was my first ever purchase.

That's just how I saw it then compared to all the trolls and awful content in free web forums. Haven't been back in a long time. But I can see how people who were big into SomethingAwful when they were a major influence on the internet have gradually honed their irony to new heights of trolling. Goon's have the best straight-face, bar none.

At least the trolls over at Encyclopedia Dramatica let everyone in on their game of shameless anti-social behavior. Goon irony is more like playing devil's advocate taken to absurdity ending in even self-deception. Goons love making the best arguments for unjustifiable poo poo, and now they've grown up to monetize it.

They've practiced so much social engineering they are literally now just power-tripping on loving with every subculture whose structures they can map and ascend. Good reasons, bad reasons, whatever. As long as they can keep fancy-talking their way into being important and noteworthy people of great influence.

... the gently caress??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What does reddit say about the Quake3World forums? Asking for a friend.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

www posted:

i looked at reddit but its full of idiots???

That was a mirror

• Locked thread