Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lowtax posted:

It never used to be that way. In its prime, before the ESS-JAY-DOUBLEYOU drama, it was a truly creative and fun forum with folks who befriended each other and put effort into the things they wrote and created.

Now we have "idk" and "i" and people who believe this is a dumping ground for poo poo posts, which it essentially is.

I do miss the days where there'd sometimes be two or three fun stories to read on the first page of GBS (like 2003-2006 maybe)

Feels like if someone took the time to write a funny story in a thousand words or so for GBS the first post would just be 'same' and then everything would get shat on but maybe not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Germstore posted:

Oh yeah. If there's a surefire way to save a forum it's mass purges.

Clearly Lowtax needs to make SA more like Free Republic. Their admin is absolutely raking in money and if you disagree with him in any way not only do you get banned, but everybody else donates even more money!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Woah I've been here for nearly 14 years. I should probably think about doing something with my life.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Applewhite laying out some cool and good truth bombs ITT.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I too write lengthy diatribes about people on the internet that I have never met and never will.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

One time I saw Lowtax punch a hole through a cow just to see what was on the other side

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Smash it Smash hit posted:

One time ol' Mad Dog Lowtax took a bite out of a live hobo just to taste fresh human flesh ( like a mad dog) (( the hobo was paid handsomely))

But what you didn't know is that that hobo's name....

was Albert Einstein!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh poo poo you're right I'm confusing it with another, similar Lowtax/Hobo incident.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

One time I offered Lowtax a tortilla chip and he took two, the greedy gently caress :mad:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

One time I asked Lowtax if he'd care for a cigarette. He said yes and then ten minutes later I caught him tucking it into bed and reading it a bedtime story.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Smash it Smash hit posted:

hm weird Mad Dog used to bum ciggarettes from people at bars and put them in an empty pack, then he would sell the pack and buy booze with it. rinse and repeat

I dread to think what he may have done to that innocent cigarette if I said he could bum one!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lowtax once asked me "what is love?" and then broke my arm when I asked him to no longer hurt me.

• Locked thread