Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LoG posted:

Bring back Shark Weeks and honeypot threads.

They never left. :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

It will be slow but when people start seeing that effortposting is rewarded and encouraged, they will want to effortpost, too. If you give shitposters negative attention people will be encouraged to shitpost just for the recognition of being a shitposter. Quietly probate people who constantly and only poo poo up threads for the sake of making GBS threads on them, and ban the truly disruptive.

Do you want to be modded again? Because, this is how you get modded again.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
A :lol: post is positive written reinforcement, that the humor of the poster is appreciated.

How is this a bad thing?

It's the community rewarding itself, with simple praise.

:woof:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

It's a stupid rule imo. Smythe implemented it because, and I quote he "didn't want the bodies piling up on his watch."

Not a single goon has ever killed themselves as a result of someone posting "kill yourself, OP." It's silly.

Even if they did, it wasn't the goon who said it, who metaphorically, pulled the trigger.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Now all that being said, it has made possible all the jokes skirting the boundaries of the rule, which are funnier than just telling the OP to kill themself.

You're loving eh right.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Sometimes you need to scream, whatever, into a hole. Sometimes that hole is filled with gold. Sometimes, it's a huge heaping pile of poo poo.

Sometimes you need to scream.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am smarter then you; Pays 5.83 dollars per month

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

its more like a social club!

Look....If I am going to pay money to feel superior to other people it is going to be the club of "My wife's tits are much larger and firmer then your wife's tits, envy me you oval office."

I'm sure you know my post history....

It seems to be required loving reading.

I wonder how much I would pay for this privilege?

Why don't you all guess?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Applewhite posted:

I'm just as happy to have had nothing to do with him.

truth

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

You guys are super dumb if you think SA is going to fold before Reddit does.

SA so far has outlived Fark, Digg and other than useless filler Reddit is already in the decline because it's hit that critical mass where any subreddit that's at all worth reading gets destroyed by haha me too gimmic posts and countless lovely picture posts.

This dead gay forum is going to be still chugging along when Reddit goes tits up and then whatever replaces it will still occasionally generate a 'LOL SA is old and irrelevant' thread.

Fine.

But can we please get SA a New pair of tits?

The "old ladies" are starting to droop something fierce.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

I'm going to bring back weekly events, soon.

In what way?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

Very carefully

I am prescience to see it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skander posted:

Hey, you're the guy who likes 'em huge. That's what happens.

It happens at any size.

#droopyatanysize

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You guys are nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtP1eyF8LgI

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VectorSigma posted:

*adjusts glasses*

as you'll see my completely objective graph shows that we are at an all-time high

Spoopy!

:spooky:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

phasmid posted:

I dunno, I was in the breakroom when somebody brought up the chlorine bomb someone set off at that fur-con. I was the only one who laughed and everyone looked at me weird.

One of the few things that almost all goons have in common is a very dark and twisted sense of humor.

The far loving edge of the bell curve.

And it's wonderful.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smash it Smash hit posted:

my opinion on lowtax: sometimes hes pretty funny sometimes he's not.

MODS!?!?!?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smash it Smash hit posted:

My opinon on user VendaGoat : *fart noise*

That's fair.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I call bullshit on your new av.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

christ i got so used to seeing vendagoats everywhere that i forgot there was an actual vendagoat

The one and loving only.

Hey punkin head, your new av quote is total bullshit.

Merry loving Christmas.

• Locked thread