Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is there any downside to asking for more money with endorsements? Will any just say "never mind" and never contact you again? Any of the "lifetime" deals I've seen I've asked for more and gotten it a few days later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tae posted:

Mileage may vary because PC games, but it runs a little worse than 2k16 (probably because it hasn't gone through 4-5 optimization patches yet). You MUST run with V-sync on or else the game runs like absolute dogshit.

Do replays/highlights work now? Little peeved that never got fixed for 2k16

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Away all Goats posted:

Do replays/highlights work now? Little peeved that never got fixed for 2k16

Wouldn't know. I just skip those.

-I was going to comment that there's no sim/default mode for mycareer, but the game physics and energy system lead me to believe it's always on sim.
-Justin Young is literally the best 3-point shooter in the game except for
-Steph Curry averages 45 on a bad day. good christ.
-Took me about 11 games to be a starter (Young also becomes a starter, partly because he's a loving 90 now), but I did basically every practice except at night.
-I unlocked the acrobat badge, but can't use it because I'm a Playmaker. Sucks. I read it takes like 300 assists before I get dimer.
-Either Chris Webber is senile or his script is really bad, because they're basically parading him as a "Wow, the game's evolved way beyond you. We need you to yell at the clouds and call Andre Drummond a good post-player."

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

the_american_dream posted:

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THIS IS

You've posted this like 4 times and no one has answered can you explain what you're talking about and I'll try and find out my pal

Mandrel posted:

I'm pretty sure he means that you can pause in online, leading to people dragging rear end and generally being obnoxious

Yea people can and do pause 1,000 times a game. After every dunk steal etc. and it's really annoying and stupid that the game allows for it to happen at all. You can only pause 3 times in one game in fifa for instance. So... is it still in the game?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Cool, two good games and now I get instantly double teamed from minute one of every game I play as a 65 ovr post scoring pf. By instantly I mean so quickly that even if I try and pass it outside it winds up a turnover half the time because by the time I touch the ball I've got two people on me.

Looks like I'll play a different mode for a while, I can't believe they made the awful double team spam from the last few years even worse somehow.
Or maybe I'll just make a PG where getting double teamed is a free assist instead of a big man where you lose the ball instantly 50% of the time.

e: And yes, I'm melting down.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 18, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is kris dunn an 80

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Tae posted:

-Either Chris Webber is senile or his script is really bad, because they're basically parading him as a "Wow, the game's evolved way beyond you. We need you to yell at the clouds and call Andre Drummond a good post-player."

Those two minute soliloquies he goes on about how zone defense is cowardly or growing up in Detroit are really painful.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Why is kris dunn an 80

KAT is literally the 5th or 6th best player overall, not counting potential or anything. The game wildly overrates rookies/young players.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Look, no one is worse than Vic. But Denver is being very, very close to it. Please shut up, kid.

I'm getting a billion more shot clock violations because there's no sound when it's 5 seconds or less anymore :(

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Most people are raving about how good this version is but I don't see it. Nearly half the trash gameplay mechanics and annoyances are still in the game and then some. Only played MyCareer so far though.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Does Freq exist in this timeline?? I made the cover of Dime and it says "-Freq comes into his own" or is this just a lazy holdover from 16

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

zelah posted:

Does Freq exist in this timeline?? I made the cover of Dime and it says "-Freq comes into his own" or is this just a lazy holdover from 16

It would be pretty cool if they randomly placed him on a team, tbh. They'd probably owe Spike some residuals though.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm not one for career modes in general but did anyone like the Spike Lee Joint?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Seltzer posted:

I'm not one for career modes in general but did anyone like the Spike Lee Joint?

Dexo posted:

They might if they found out said player killed someone(Man gently caress the haters that story owned.)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I thought it was funny enough, like if I had to actually grade it on it's quality of writing, pacing and everything it wouldn't be good. But It was amusing as all hell.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think all the MyCareers are on the same timeline, no? Jackson Ellis showed up in Livin Da Dream

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think all the MyCareers are on the same timeline, no? Jackson Ellis showed up in Livin Da Dream

Jackson Ellis has the portal gun from Sliders

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I think it might have been a mistake, looking on twitter it sounds like Shaq calls you Freq at one point.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Can someone please clarify what is canon in the NBA2k17 storyline??!?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Really lovely bug I encountered that randomly happened. Did a practice before a game, literally can't select the game. The only way to continue is to sim to the next game, but that means I lose out on 7 high-stakes deals, including a Jackson Ellis meeting, team practice, and adias meeting.

And this is apparently a common enough problem that I could look up who's having trouble.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
You can change your nickname from Pres to Freq.

Also Black Hole.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

zelah posted:

I think it might have been a mistake, looking on twitter it sounds like Shaq calls you Freq at one point.

This sounds like something Shaq would do, though

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Leading by 12 against the Raptors and I have 12/4/4 plus 4 blocks and 2 steals in 20 minutes. Get sat for the whole fourth quarter and we lose by 2.

I forgot how much bullshit my career throws at you sometimes.

And looking at the box score we had Tolliver and Kosta Koufous both play more minutes than Boogie, who played only 22 minutes (12 min quarters) had no injury and was dominating. Lovely.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 19, 2016

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

zelah posted:

Is there any downside to asking for more money with endorsements? Will any just say "never mind" and never contact you again? Any of the "lifetime" deals I've seen I've asked for more and gotten it a few days later.

I havent been denied yet, I always make sure to have a big game the night after requesting that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Another game breaking bug in which my character is stuck after a game, eternally trying to reach the corridor. And I can't quit out of it because they disable quit buttons for some reason.

Is there any word of a day 1 patch today?

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

tanglewood1420 posted:

Leading by 12 against the Raptors and I have 12/4/4 plus 4 blocks and 2 steals in 20 minutes. Get sat for the whole fourth quarter and we lose by 2.

I forgot how much bullshit my career throws at you sometimes.

And looking at the box score we had Tolliver and Kosta Koufous both play more minutes than Boogie, who played only 22 minutes (12 min quarters) had no injury and was dominating. Lovely.

There's something soul crushing about working your rear end off to reduce that 20 point deficit down to 5 points. Being subbed off the whole 4th quarter and seeing the final score be like 120-102.

PUT ME IN COACH IM TIRED OF WATCHING MY TEAMMATES DIE

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I really hope these cutscenes of justice being traded are mandatory and not indicative of what actually will happen, because why the gently caress are they trading a 88 literal superstar

Also hilarious that they talk about him being an amazing defender and lovely scorer when it's the complete opposite in-game. Although it might be the game's fault with defensive AI because literally someone is always open and it's not because of a screen.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm real interested to see what happens at the end of the first season because I appear to be on a 1 year deal and he's on a 2. Maybe he Vic's off this earth before I hit free agency?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It'd be a real dick move to kill off my 65% 3-point partner and be forced to rely on Avery Bradly for 3-pointers

Although to be fair, literally everyone is shooting above 45% on 3's, especially horford

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Man i really have to re evaluate what's going on in my life when I'm low key mad that im now spoiled on 2k cutscenes

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm not sure I like having a girlfriend forced upon me! I did crack up at the "that's my quarterback" scene though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Its too bad you can't get Alabaster on your team he's chill. Hopefully when you retire to the hall of fame or whatever your guy actually does a shoutout to him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok this OJ feature is pretty cool. Outside of Justice not sure where the name comes from

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I umlocked the ability to play as the other team which is confusing because how does that work. Do i still get vc? Who do i play as?

sedaps
Jan 29, 2004
So how does practice work in MyCareer? Is the point just to do your 3 drills and fill up the meter?

It seems failing and succeeding doesn't make that much difference in how much of the meter is filled, so when Justice ask my 7' post scoring center to practice 3's I just fail as fast as I can to get it over with. If I do succeed do I get some skillup in 3 point shooting?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well nevermind.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
HEY HANNIBAL BURRESS NEAT

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Anyone's myplayer not deep into the uncanny valley? The actual players are OK but my guy has a bad case of corpse eyes/mouth.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My guys cheeks are super puffy but besides that its cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think the best part of The Prelude was that it allowed me to start earning VC on MyNBA 2K17 even earlier than normal.

• Locked thread