Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
In previous years when you were in game you could see some of the player stat grades when you were controlling them in the upper right hand corner. Is that gone now? I'm not seeing a setting for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

zelah posted:

In previous years when you were in game you could see some of the player stat grades when you were controlling them in the upper right hand corner. Is that gone now? I'm not seeing a setting for it.

On Xbox at least I think you press up on the dpad

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I think they finally fixed the time out substitution glitch, where manual subs you apply through their byzantine timeout menu don't take until the next stoppage in play. They still need to fix the thing where points will add to the scoreboard before the shot actually goes in though.

For such a great game, there sure are some strange and unexpected issues.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

For such a great game, it sure wastes a lot of my time by making me watch these goddamn cutscenes and my character slowly walking to and through doors and hallways

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

For such a great game, it sure wastes a lot of my time by making me watch these goddamn cutscenes and my character slowly walking to and through doors and hallways

*walks into home gym, puts down bag, turns round 180, picks up bag, goes to other gym*

if you stand behind the pool table or bar you skip the walking animation, in the home gym at least

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
My favorite cut scene is you sitting in the couch looking at your phone for about 10 seconds and then it either goes back to the game or into an unrelated cutscene.

There's one with the girlfriend that I don't understand she breaks up with you then you call Justice and say "it's done" with a huge smile. Then later I got a text from her acting like everything's cool.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Post your wettest custom jumpshot itt

My gt is thievin hawking on xbone if you've got a SF and you're not a dick

Also, am I missing something or is pro am completely broken? My jumpshot is all over the place and if I change it the timing is all hosed. Meanwhile I'm watching the opposing SG take contested half court threes and is drilling them like nobodies business.

OH WORD SON fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 30, 2016

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I wonder if they'll ever fix the input lag online. I don't know how you dudes put up with it, it's unplayably bad for me. Well, it's playable, but it's like playing a much worse, shittier game on my phone or something

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I like going from seeing the "raise the roof" motion as a celebration to purchase wondering why they even have that super outdated poo poo and then seeing that it belongs to Russell Westbrook and therefore most likely an amazing troll I now want it

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Anyone else find alley oops a bit too easy in MyCareer? Only on All-Star difficulty, but if you have a player on your team with the alley oop finisher badge it's very easy to take the ball, call them for a screen and then throw it up to them as they roll to the basket, you connect at least 90% of the time and they rarely miss the dunk/layup if they have the badge. Once my PG got the lob city passer badge it's almost an automatic basket every time, I am making like 6 or 7 oop assists per game regularly to Boogie Cousins or Rudy Gay.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Scoring is never the problem, it's dealing with bad ai teammates while the opponents have objectively boosted that cause all the difficulty of winning.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I'd find alley oops easier if I could ever get my big men to roll to the basket and not just stop at the free throw or backpedal out beyond the three point line when the lane opens up

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Mandrel posted:

I'd find alley oops easier if I could ever get my big men to roll to the basket and not just stop at the free throw or backpedal out beyond the three point line when the lane opens up

yeah they just get stopped by some midget and then start and stop 4-5 times before finally getting kinda close to the basket and then they are covered

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

after putting more hours into it I can't stand this version, pretty much nothing that has irritated me for the past few years has been fixed. I'm an idiot for buying it again.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

eleven extra elephants posted:

after putting more hours into it I can't stand this version, pretty much nothing that has irritated me for the past few years has been fixed. I'm an idiot for buying it again.

Really? Like what?

I am a little underwhelmed on the gameplay stuff (I think 2K is starting to slide down the Madden slide of "half-assing releases"), but nothing seems majorly broken or anything.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Lockback posted:

Really? Like what?

I am a little underwhelmed on the gameplay stuff (I think 2K is starting to slide down the Madden slide of "half-assing releases"), but nothing seems majorly broken or anything.

I'd say it's the mountain of minor things that have built up over the years. At it's core the game is great, it's fun, engaging, and overall a pretty stellar Basketball Sim.

Once you get deeper into the gameplay and game though, there are things that are just becoming so glaringly bad, that it's a wonder if the 2K team plays their game past a casual player's threshold.

I can only speak to All-Star Team Up Online gameplay, as my pro is still weak, and I've only done 2 pro-am games. Though in those, I was privy to some of the things people complain about there.

In All-Star Team Up though, here's my small list of things that have needed to be addressed for generations of 2K:

- Punish quitters, the only mechanic is that after a few quits it'll inform you that "You suck at life," but after a few hours that message goes away and you're free to quit after bricking your first 9 shots as Curry.
- Connection issues, it's 2016 and I'm wired to my router AND live in a major metropolis, any reason 2 out of 5 games are riddled with delayed gaming and stuttering?
- Moving screens, still.
- Timeouts, the loving timeouts
- Vote kicking, why the hell can't a majority kick a lovely person?

I hate complaining about games, and I'm glad I bought the game. I'll buy it again next year, too. And I'll still play thousands of All-Star Team Ups.

OBR
Apr 9, 2009
Yesterday i noticed some weird things in MyCareer. I'm playing as a 6'6 SF/SG in PHO, we played against NO.

- For some reason i'm guarding AD. All the time. kept him 12/30 shooting, but did not particularly like getting shat on for "allowing offensive rebounds"
- The help defense is a nice concept, but hey PG smaller than me: gently caress off back to the perimeter where the guy you are leaving alone to "help me" is raining threes and killing us.
- Tried to get cute with steals too many times, i fouled out 1:44 to go, we were down by 4 or 6. Apparently the best coaching move when your #1 goes out is to throw the #2 (Justice) to the bench too! In fact, i think the coach took out the whole lineup?

I also like the tweets after the game telling how [#1 ovr player] of the opponent was just too much for you, especially when my D kept his shooting% poo poo and you went 32pts on 12/18 shooting (8/10 3pt) 8ass, 9reb etc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OBR posted:

I also like the tweets after the game telling how [#1 ovr player] of the opponent was just too much for you, especially when my D kept his shooting% poo poo and you went 32pts on 12/18 shooting (8/10 3pt) 8ass, 9reb etc.

So just like real life?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The storymode expects you to be much more lovely and bad, because I keep getting these cutscenes where I have to ask for more minutes as the leading minute starter on the team.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Jump shot releases that I have used and liked: 25 and 27, I would use these for 1-3. Release 116 is super wet for bigger guys, I use it on my athletic finisher and he can wide open 3s and my stats are in the 40s for the 3.

edit: 1-3 meaning Positions 1-3 you get it

Good Work You Get An HIV fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Today's patch nerfed passing speeds. Was that a problem or something?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Jump shot releases that I have used and liked: 25 and 27, I would use these for 1-3. Release 116 is super wet for bigger guys, I use it on my athletic finisher and he can wide open 3s and my stats are in the 40s for the 3.

edit: 1-3 meaning Positions 1-3 you get it

27 I think is a very JR Smith-type release. So naturally my shot creator PG has it. When you get a green release you feel amazing and it looks great.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Tae posted:

Today's patch nerfed passing speeds. Was that a problem or something?

Like, made them slower? If anything I had a problem with passes being too slow on occasion.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah it said passes are slower across the board now.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Huh? The patch notes said that they increased pass speed.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Yeah it said passes are slower across the board now.

Elenkis posted:

Huh? The patch notes said that they increased pass speed.

It looks like some of the articles said it was slower but the 2K facebook page's patch notes says increase:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-patch-103-notes/10153866078637267/

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Blimpkin posted:

27 I think is a very JR Smith-type release. So naturally my shot creator PG has it. When you get a green release you feel amazing and it looks great.

The arc i noticed on it is quite high which I like for when people reach you late

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Base - Stockton, Release 1 - Westbrook, Release 2 - Curry, Max Quickness, 50/50

Alternatively (looks really odd, but is also easy to time):
Base - Barnett, Release 1 - Duckworth, Release 2 - Shot 100, Max Quickness, 50/50

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Here's something fun I just noticed, I made a My League to grind up some VC and I chose the Warriors playbook, and now every team I play is also using it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Emery posted:

Here's something fun I just noticed, I made a My League to grind up some VC and I chose the Warriors playbook, and now every team I play is also using it

Trade for Kevin Love, shut down their PGs.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm playing against the Sixers in MyCareer, and I come back into the game to see that they're running a lineup of Simmons-Saric-Embiid-Joakim Noah (???)-Tyson Chandler (???)

it was the most baffling thing I've ever seen, 5 big men on the floor

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The last team on Historic Domination is such bullshit but goddamn I cant stop trying to finish for all the stars :(

Seriously this is the most unfun thing ive put myself through since the old SNK fighting game bosses. How the gently caress does anyone beat this team with enough MT points to get 3 stars

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 18, 2016

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
This game sometimes... I'm on the Nuggets, I'm a point guard. i'm 79 overall, and I don't get many minutes I'm still on the bench. However, I just played a game against the Bulls where I knew I would be able to succeed because of Rondo. So going into the final seconds, final possession, we're down by three and I'm able to dunk and get it to be down by one. So is rondo takes the ball up I know I could pressure him and get it back which I do. But because 2K loving sucks I'm not able to pick up the ball and keep running. So I pass it to my man Justice Young, because I know he'll make it.

He passes on the wide-open three. And as I'm screaming at my TV I get the board. I mash shoot and score, but not before time expired. And to make matters worse my player didn't know that it wasn't before time expired and he was celebrating with the bulls. He was chest bumping Rondo Wade and Butler.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Is there anywhere where you can see what Cities/team names (if any outside of the 10 examples) will be said by announcers and poo poo during games? Will any?

Like, if I make a CUSTOM team and make the city "Seattle" will they call it Seattle?

Are there generic "like a billion people will name their teams this" team names that the announcers will say if you make your custom franchise?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

Is there anywhere where you can see what Cities/team names (if any outside of the 10 examples) will be said by announcers and poo poo during games? Will any?

Like, if I make a CUSTOM team and make the city "Seattle" will they call it Seattle?

Are there generic "like a billion people will name their teams this" team names that the announcers will say if you make your custom franchise?

my Myteam team is from Minneapolis and they say that, so yeah. I think if its from that city they say it.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Getting my rear end killed. Can't tell if I'm super bad, the controls are hosed, or if it's my team because I'm playing as the Nets.

Played 3 games, suffered 4 major injuries. What the gently caress?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm really irritated at this game and being unable to find sliders that feel accurate or like, "even".

Compared to previous years, shot timing seems ridiculously finicky. I'm not even sure it's possible to score on a shot that's not perfectly timed on All-Star and harder. I can get the entire bar to look white, no blue shown, but apparently it's not perfect timed because it's not green, and then -CLANK-. Steph Curry, open corner, no blue on the shot bar, little red circle over the dude, currently on fire? If it ain't green, he's missing. Flipside, you slide it any lower than All-Star in difficulty and you can just walk over everyone with a team of 50-rated dudes. All other years I could through trial and error get it to a nice, 50/50 where I could have close games with the CPU. Now everything is a blowout one way or another and I hate it.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer

Veryslightlymad posted:

If you start a myleague or mygm with a standard team and then choose relocate it will show you all the "named" cities that you can use. I have a team from Vancouver which comes up but there is a lot of others.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anybody else getting low scoring games? All my games I've played this year haven't broken 80 points. This is real life and online play. I don't know what's to make of it. Usually it's easy to hit 100+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm regulary scoring 100 to 120 points on 10 minute scores, are you milking the clock every possession or something?

• Locked thread