Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This week's weekly challenge requiring 6 Pacers players is total bullshit. The market on those cards jumped, so good luck doing the challenges unless you want to blow 10k on auctions.

Cheap players: Make sure your team is all bronze after your rotation guys, it will save you on contracts.

Rubio is a good silver PG. A+ Steals which you should spam on Pro-games. He is also a A playmaker so you can feast on PnR and getting the ball to your post player.

Embiid is a god-tier silver player. They didn't give him the outside shot, but his post play and D is as good as most Gold.

Tony Allen is a decent silver too, again steals.

Any 3pt shooter who isn't Emerald or higher blows. You need a guy with badges.

Okafor (silver) is a good cheap post machine. Brook Lopez (gold) gives you a paint protector and a free 2 points anytime he is in decent post position.

You'll get Jay Williams pretty quick and he's a good PG for a non-cheap team. KAT is a probably worth his auction price as another Emerald player. You get an amethyst Horry when you get 100(?) cards, and drive and kicks to him are free 3 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Do you get a challenge token for doing all the moment's challenge?

Giannis's market is inflated now so I don't think I'll bother with that one otherwise.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Jeeze, the first weekly challenge this week involves coming back from a 24 point deficit in 12 minutes against the Heat. It's on Pro, but still, that's a pain in the rear end for a 400 point challenge.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Man, where do you get the currency for this? Do you buy it? I struggle getting nearly that much.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I see the high-value moments challenges but typically the player costs as much as you get. Smart play buying up guys on current packs though. The cost of packs seem way out of line with what you get, but I guess that's other people's problems.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

CVagts posted:

I like MyCareer a lot more than last year, but I'm disappointed (and unsurprised) at the "your stats are way below what they should be given the narrative of your character, unless of course you pay us a bunch of money for VC" bit yet again.

The year you played the guy coming in mid-season on 10-day contracts was far and away the best narrative as well as the best mechanically for the first season.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I hope 2k18 has the "start the season at the end of last season" option again because at this point the rosters are completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Man that GM mode story stuff seems neat I hope it's not like past My Career stuff where it winds up fizzling after a bit, it feels like GM mode should have a lot more venues for story stuff to come up and be interesting. I never knew how much I was into GM story mode until just now.

I like that they are differentiating MyGM from MyLegue. MyGM seemed to just have annoying stuff bolted on, along with cheats like Mind Trick and stuff.

• Locked thread