Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

the_american_dream posted:

Ooo glad i read this. I was planning on making a lockdown defense type but maybe not now

Most things are viable, on a whim I made a 7' Center as a paint protector and have had no problem leading my team in points and rebounds as well as enjoying much more responsive D. Mileage may vary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Does anybody else experience having players (including myself, having played mostly mycareer) remain in the game after their sixth foul, often until the next timeout? It's cool to get bonus stat-line stuffer but it's somewhat ridiculous, although I haven't earned a seventh foul yet.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

attackmole posted:

I bought this on sale for the playoffs. Scratches the itch. Playing MyPlayer. It's fun, but feels uh, real stingy with the points you to get to level up your my player though. I started the game as an SG sharpshooter, played for eight hours and got frustrated at feeling like I still shot threes worse than everyone except centers until I apparently spend 100000 upgrade points.

So I switched to playing a rim protecting center and now I put up 30/20 on the reg off of just layups and dunks. They're a lot harder to miss. I've been keeping it at 12 minute quarters cause I like feeling like I'm putting up real numbers (yes I'm weird) but might turn it down soon when the novelty wears off.

I should really stop mashing a for the ball though. Last game I played JV had a triple double with steals against me because I insisted on yelling for dumb entry passes whenever I thought I could get by him (never) and my teammates were happy to oblige and throw him the ball. Thanks for not counting as turnovers tho.

If you haven't yet, switching your difficulty to HoF is awful for gimping your team's defensive ability, but will increase your VC income drastically.

Even more important is playing/poking at the mobile app. Although it's a giant timesink, completing the daily games and free-matching takes less than ten minutes and speeds up your leveling a bunch.

• Locked thread