Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Most people are raving about how good this version is but I don't see it. Nearly half the trash gameplay mechanics and annoyances are still in the game and then some. Only played MyCareer so far though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

zelah posted:

In previous years when you were in game you could see some of the player stat grades when you were controlling them in the upper right hand corner. Is that gone now? I'm not seeing a setting for it.

On Xbox at least I think you press up on the dpad

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

For such a great game, it sure wastes a lot of my time by making me watch these goddamn cutscenes and my character slowly walking to and through doors and hallways

*walks into home gym, puts down bag, turns round 180, picks up bag, goes to other gym*

if you stand behind the pool table or bar you skip the walking animation, in the home gym at least

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

after putting more hours into it I can't stand this version, pretty much nothing that has irritated me for the past few years has been fixed. I'm an idiot for buying it again.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

mrnoun posted:

I don't really care about any new features, I just want to be able to play the game without wanting to strangle myself with my own small intestine. It feels fine between the cut scenes. I probably wouldn't even mind the weird practice concept or the aggravating attribute caps nearly as much if I could just play without having to feel like I'm wasting my time watching the same shot of my guy walking in and out the door every time.

This is a year late and it's still a dogshit feature but if you stand behind the pool table or the bar before you advance the game you skip the entire scene of walking out.

I hope they improve the training this year, I doubt they will but it was a tedious grind, I don't want to have to go the gym 10 times to uncap a stat point

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Sorry...

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Just wanted to make sure you had my number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

For a while you could start up exercises then quit out immediately and you'd still get the upgrade. They've patched it on PC, not sure on consoles

• Locked thread