Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm regulary scoring 100 to 120 points on 10 minute scores, are you milking the clock every possession or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Justice is your auto superstar 90 rating rookie partner.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've just been chipping away at mycareer (probably the longest I've been in my 1st year, thanks unskippable cutscenes). What's the major difference between myleague and mygm if I just want manage my team that will eventually have a billion stars thanks to inflated 1st rounder?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

You fuckers couldve told me spamming post moves was how to beat historic domination :mad:

Well they patched it out last year, I didn't know they unpatched it again.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, I don't know what post moves you're using. The thing that was patched last year was literally pressing the go-into post button for a split second before every lay-up, so you get that bonus post points for nothing.

Also they patched out spin moves basically giving i-frames which was lame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shooters generally try to actually run to the 3 point line now, the downside is that this sometimes means a step back 3 wide open because they aren't programmed to back away any other way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not sure what stats I should boost to make post-play overpowered, or maybe PGs are secretly the best post defenders but I really can't do poo poo in the post outside of passing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Offensive spacing is generally way better, especially when it comes to 3-point kickouts. Bad news is that defense is still horrifically wtf bad but meh, don't play on HoF.

Oh, double-tap shoot for euro steps and spin moves are back.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally completed my first mycareer year. Was a weird one, played the Thunder somehow in the finals and was kinda sad how bad westbrook is in-game.

Stephen Curry is on the Mavericks???

When did they replace Webber with Doris Burke?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BCRock posted:

Seth Curry (Steph's brother) is on the Mavs. He's not quite as good as his brother.

The announcer crew rotates, I guess depending on how big the game is. You get Burke, Webber, or one of the Barry brothers as the color guy.

no, actual stephen curry is on the mavs for my year 2. My celtics for some reason said "gently caress bigs" and literally only has al horford over 6'9, dumping Tyler Zeller, Olynyk and Amir Johnson. Beasley is my starting PF.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dreylad posted:

they need to standardize badge requirements or have someone go back in time and kill john stockton because the very idea of getting the HOF Dimer badge for a playmaker/point forward can go gently caress itself

What's wrong with it? I got it like a few weeks before the playoffs in my first year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lockback posted:

The year you played the guy coming in mid-season on 10-day contracts was far and away the best narrative as well as the best mechanically for the first season.

Eh i like being able to win mvp and roy though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why do players keep shooting stepback 3s when wide open instead just shooting still

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I only play mycateer for like 6 years so yes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder what the turnaround is for programming in the new NBA rules

Also remove stepback open jumpers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I will still be there day 1 because why not, unless they finally revoke my free pass.

There will be extensive testing on whether they finally stop making Rubio a 3-point threat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder if they'll continue giving you OP broken teammates in career mode, because it's pretty absurd the difference is between being by yourself and then having literal best shooter and Really Good back-up PG on the team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tricks i learned

Never do yellow, only red texts

When the coach talks in practice, skip the practice. You get the bonus regardless like bbiq. Get quick gold doing free throws and the vertical jump.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Unless they updated it like 2 days ago, that trick still works on pc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Any mention that they fixed the bad defense ai

specifically where one perimeter player always abandons his guy and leaves him open to protect the paint

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

2k usually puts out a video detailing all the new changes to gameplay, sometimes they brag about fixing the problem that everyone knew and made videos about (like rebounding was a problem for the longest time).

I'm actually curious how they'll solve the new issue of switching on defense while balancing the fact that in 2k17, the AI absolutely has no idea how to get around an off-ball screen. Lebron gets destroyed by Darren Collison every single time.

A feature I kinda miss is the ability to go to the GM and demand certain players be traded, which was back in 2k...14 I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k18/b/playstation4/archive/2017/08/06/game-informer-nba-2k18-gameplay-preview.aspx

Some NBA 2k18 nuggets. Things that stuck out to me:
-Passes are determined by how long you hold the button. Tapping the pass is to the nearest player, holding it makes it a long pass.This basically stops a big from instant long passing for a turnover by accident?
-They're trying to finally stop having Isaiah Thomas stop post players like KAT because that was dumb
-You can tell people on defense to go over or under screens

• Locked thread