Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
It also neatly explains how you become a free agent at the end of the first season. The way last year's game explained that was really dumb, no team is going to cut their promising lottery pick just because they have a dumb friend that died. It'll be interesting how they manufacture the situation this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

It's in MyCareer too right?

I can't wait till this weekend. I'm gonna get off work on Friday and just fuckin ball it.

I tried that face scan poo poo for the Prelude and uh...I literally jumped when I saw how hideous it looked. It looked like loving Gollum. Wish I saved a screen shot but I was all about getting that face the gently caress off of my screen.
Yeah the face scanning accuracy is pretty good isn't it?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The new simplified play calling system where you hold L1 and use the right stick to pick a play is a huge improvement for me. I've already gone from someone who would only ever call pick and rolls or stick with whatever the coach auto called because I found the play calling menu too fiddly to do quickly enough in the middle of the game, to now where I am calling plays pretty often coming down the floor.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

I've gone for a 6'7" PG playmaker, with the idea of that being the closest you could get to a LeBron type distributor and PnR ball handler, but still with speed and agility. In college it worked exceptionally well. However I have been drafted by Sacremento, so....

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Dexo posted:

Good for you?

Pick and roll w Cousins owns

I suppose so, will have to wait until I play more than 3 minutes a game with him on the court I guess. Running the second unit with Tolliver, Cauley-Stein and Labissiere as the team starts 1-8 ain't much fun I can tell you.

Also an irritating side effect of my genius 6'7" PG plan is that I spend half the time shifted to SG, which is fine defensively (probably a better fit at this early stage too) but is pretty inappropriate for my skillset on offense as I am currently a very poor shooter both off the dribble or spotting up. It would be nice if the AI coach could split offensive position from who you guard on defense so I could play the 1 but guard 2s and 3s a la Giannis.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

-Either Chris Webber is senile or his script is really bad, because they're basically parading him as a "Wow, the game's evolved way beyond you. We need you to yell at the clouds and call Andre Drummond a good post-player."

Those two minute soliloquies he goes on about how zone defense is cowardly or growing up in Detroit are really painful.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Leading by 12 against the Raptors and I have 12/4/4 plus 4 blocks and 2 steals in 20 minutes. Get sat for the whole fourth quarter and we lose by 2.

I forgot how much bullshit my career throws at you sometimes.

And looking at the box score we had Tolliver and Kosta Koufous both play more minutes than Boogie, who played only 22 minutes (12 min quarters) had no injury and was dominating. Lovely.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 19, 2016

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

ihatepants posted:

Playing a stretch C in my career almost seems like cheating.

These are my stats on All star difficulty through 11 games:

As long as you play around with height/weight/wingspan to get him to have good speed for the position, while still keeping good length, it is crazy unfair. Most opposing centers are too slow to catch up with you sprinting down the court on a turnover or rebound and if they do, the corner 3 is almost always open since the AI would rather have them guard the paint on a fast break.

Obviously, staying on the perimeter also takes a team's rebounder/interior defender out of the play opening up the paint for your teammates. Since the speed should be high compared to other centers, it's also easy to sprint in and crash the boards on a teammate's misses for the offensive rebound and second chance points.
23 three point shooting? What's your overall rating?

I'm putting up regular double doubles with my 70 rated playmaker PG on All Star, might be time to step up the difficulty. Once Justice Young turns into a cross between Klay and Kawhi in a 6'3" package it becomes stupid easily to rack up assists by just passing to him pretty much whenever he's remotely open.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Does it rerun the draft lottery too?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Anyone else find alley oops a bit too easy in MyCareer? Only on All-Star difficulty, but if you have a player on your team with the alley oop finisher badge it's very easy to take the ball, call them for a screen and then throw it up to them as they roll to the basket, you connect at least 90% of the time and they rarely miss the dunk/layup if they have the badge. Once my PG got the lob city passer badge it's almost an automatic basket every time, I am making like 6 or 7 oop assists per game regularly to Boogie Cousins or Rudy Gay.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

I play 8 min quarters on superstar and teams generally score in the high 70s to high 80s, very occasionally hit 100 if one team shoots super well from three or plays garbage defense. No way you should expect to hit 100 on six min quarters.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

I like that in OJ mode you can take control of Justice and then run pick and roll with your player as the roller. The AI on it's own doesn't run PnRs very well at all otherwise.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Tae posted:

Shooters generally try to actually run to the 3 point line now, the downside is that this sometimes means a step back 3 wide open because they aren't programmed to back away any other way.

They've fixed the preponderance of foot on the line 2s from previous versions for players you are controlling though, which is great. Last year you couldn't really adjust if you were just on the line just a slight movement on the stick would put you two feet behind it, now if you are close just as you receive the ball your player shuffles his feet to get behind it more often than not.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

MyCareer is better this year with the revamped practicing and the calendar with multiple events per day. It would be nice though if the AI coach was able to use defensive matchups, why as a 6'6 PG am I asked to defend Curry, CP3, Lillard etc. when I could be moved to guard the 2 and 6'1" Justice could guard the 1? Against OKC I am guarding Westbrook who is just way faster than me whilst our lightning quick lockdown defender Justice is blanketing Andre Roberson.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Won the NBA title on MyPlayer in my second season. It's pretty underwhelming. One cutscene of the team celebrating with the trophy on the floor (not even including Justice for some reason), one cutscene with Justice in the locker room that lasts about 30 seconds and then just dumped straight back into the calendar for the new season with no other details at all. No interview with the media TV guy, no phone call with your old coach or whatever, NO DENVER. Seems strange to set all these backstories up and then just forget about them at what is essentially the end of the game. Last years Spike Lee story was abysmal melodrama trash filled with incredibly annoying characters, but at least it tied everything up at the end.

Also at the end of the game Kevin Harlan was all "And they win the series and will move on!" rather than, uh, talking about a team just winning the championship?

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

My mother constantly badgering me on text about having 8 turnovers in a game we won by 15. FOR GOD SAKE MOM WHEN I HAVE A 50% USAGE RATE AND GO 49/11/17/3/4 I DON'T THINK ANYONE CARES ABOUT TURNOVERS.

• Locked thread