Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Great, now we can sit around watching a GM walk in and out of a room, not just a created player!

Was anyone really asking for story mode in MyGM? Because I can think of a bunch of existing things I'd rather 2k spent their time on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

If you don't want it just play MyLeague.

But yeah. People like story based things. Just hopefully they are skippable or aren't based purely around grinding.

Gameplay wise I'm for the most part cool with where 2k is at. Dribbling could feel a bit better but yeah I'm not a online player, or card pack buyer so I can't speak to that but that seems less developer intensive as it's just a matter of design decisions and tuning of currency.

It's not like the people animating or writing these events are the same people who would be spending time fixing gameplay bugs or the problems with the game that you speak of anyway.

Only problems I've really had with 2k games recently have just been design decisions and usability issues(Let me loving skip cutscenes and cut down on that grinding BS in MyPlayer, also let me create a super awesome myplayer. and seperate multiplayer myplayer from single player myplayer if you must)

Yeah, ok, I'll admit that was unfair of me. Story modes can be brilliant when they're done well, even in games where you wouldn't expect them.

My issues are similar to yours to be honest; unskippable cutscenes (and presentation coming in and out of breaks in play), grinding in MyPlayer, some dodgy animation, dribbling and the idea that the slightest contact on a player stops them as dead as if they'd run into a wall.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

That does indeed own. I was just thinking yesterday that if Live 18 did well maybe EA would put the WNBA in Live 19, but thought I was being too optimistic.

• Locked thread