Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wait the other guy in that trailer is just UCB's own Matt Walsh, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

Arena-specific sounds for all 30 teams including including buzzers, balls, fans.

"Sit down, Meyers!!!" - my mom as heard in NBA 2k17

A lot of this sounds cool and I'm am looking forward to it

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Oh crap it really is Matt Walsh. This got even better

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Couldn't you change your nickname immediately after the spike lee stuff?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Yeah I'm real into being able to chose your own celebrations

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

16 got me real into MyGM. It seemed too easy to get favorable trades and end up with 4-5 1st round picks every year while still making it to the finals though. Did the difficulty you set at the start matter for the simulation? Or just played games

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Weird that Michael B Jordan and Kobe's but from the Apple TV commercial is spilling into this game.

Can you re-do the prelude without redownloading it?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Really excited to see the celebration mechanics this year. Sad to see that the JR celebration that matters didn't make it though

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I noticed that some (maybe all?) have multiple animations each. Like the "scream" one seems to have like 8 different animations if you idle on it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

morestuff posted:

I've never messed around with MyPlayer before, how do you throw a pick as a big man

Hold circle/B and if it makes sense the ball handler will use it. Make sure to stay put unless you're trying to pick up a foul.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

It doesn't sound like it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

That is new and seems real cool.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Important question, during timeouts when the trampoline dunkers are doing their thing, do they ever mess up? I need missed stunt dunks

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Is there any downside to asking for more money with endorsements? Will any just say "never mind" and never contact you again? Any of the "lifetime" deals I've seen I've asked for more and gotten it a few days later.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Does Freq exist in this timeline?? I made the cover of Dime and it says "-Freq comes into his own" or is this just a lazy holdover from 16

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I think it might have been a mistake, looking on twitter it sounds like Shaq calls you Freq at one point.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm real interested to see what happens at the end of the first season because I appear to be on a 1 year deal and he's on a 2. Maybe he Vic's off this earth before I hit free agency?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Denver saying goodbye to his locker who held his jerseys that he never wore was the saddest thing.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Dexo posted:

The ability to rerun the offseason is the greatest thing In the loving world. Holy loving poo poo.

On the Bulls I ended up with Kevin Dunn and Boogie Cousins

Yeah I need to do this. I started a mygm file with the Blazers and just stared at Evan Turner's contract for awhile then went back to career mode.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

In previous years when you were in game you could see some of the player stat grades when you were controlling them in the upper right hand corner. Is that gone now? I'm not seeing a setting for it.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

My favorite cut scene is you sitting in the couch looking at your phone for about 10 seconds and then it either goes back to the game or into an unrelated cutscene.

There's one with the girlfriend that I don't understand she breaks up with you then you call Justice and say "it's done" with a huge smile. Then later I got a text from her acting like everything's cool.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

Whatever rear end in a top hat made the "Player is concerned with practices being too heavy/light" system needs to be fired. It's just completely broken. You make the promise, immediately change the player's training to the way they want it, even if you max it out and they'll say you broke the promise. You literally cannot keep the promise. Nothing works. Upping/lowering the individual player, upping/lowering team practices, nothing. You can only deny and coddle or deny and tough love. Your options are slow or fast attrition of player loyalty and that's a bullshit, easy-to-discover bug that has no business being in this game at this stage of its release.

If you progress forward a day after you talk to them it seems to help. I started ignoring those too though. Still really wish there was a "Listen. A super star is at your position. You aren't going to start over them. You are coming off the bench." option.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I think it was more common in 16 but yeah that just happened to me a few days ago. Fouled out, benched, subbed back in for maybe 30 seconds until a timeout. I thought maybe multiple people got hurt but nope.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Now that the Blazers have picks I thought I'd hop into Start Today and see what I could do. Nothing, cause the Blazers only have their own pick. Not protected Grizzlies' from the Plumlee trade or the Cavs'. Rosters are correct and Verajao's on the books though. What the heck 2k

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I know it's early to get hyped for 2k18 but I really can't wait to play it on a Switch. MyLeague mode on the go is going to take up too much of my time.

I didn't even think about this. I've spent countless hours simming seasons only to start over once I won a few championships or players I liked retired. I would love to be able to waste that time on the go

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Y'all if you have a parent who is into basketball please sim through a season with them calling the shots in MyLeague. My mom just came over and had me build the blazers around a starting lineup of Tim Frazier, Pat Connaughton, Moe Harkless, Noah Vonleh, and Jusuf Nurkic.

Robin Lopez and Serge Ibaka were coming off the bench.

They finished the season 13-69. Once free agency hit we signed P Conn to a 5 year 50 mil contract. It was all real funny.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I know they're not made by the same companies, but EA coming out and saying the Switch versions of their sports games won't have the same story mode as Xbox/PS4 has me worried.

If the switch version is feature-identical to the others, that's what I'm going with. I can live without 4K graphics if it means myleague from bed.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I'm super reluctant to get my hopes up for a Live game

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I hope y'all bring back NBA Injury R3port for this.

Lillard has at least two songs on the soundtrack, but I don't think they've announced any "guest curators" yet

Edit: and now the soundtrack is on Spotify...

zelah fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 21, 2017

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

The responses y'all's posts get on twitter/IG seem like a special kind of stupid.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

At least the harassment campaign against the 2ktv seems to have ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Spacebump posted:

2ktv harassment campaign?

Any time the woman would post anything or would be posted by 2k there was a lot of grossness that seems to have stemmed from a youtuber

• Locked thread