Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I had a bunch of scary evangelical homeschool friends growing up who wore their hair in braids and modest denim maxi skirts. They emotionally manipulated me into giving my heart to Jesus and then told me that I surely I was saved now because after I did it, I got a sparkle in my eye that wasn't there before. Maybe that had to do with the fact that I was in the back of a fifteen passenger van that was driving through the night but had just stopped in well-lit area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

phasmid posted:

Huh. I thought their hairstyle throughout the 90s was universally long and flowy for girls and that spiky/frosty guy fieri thing for boys. Along with your usual polo shirts and long skirts.

That said, it was pretty amusing how so many of them got into hard drugs before me. I am apparently not a very good devil worshiper.

The ones in my area had very long hair, but it was almost always braided. Maybe it was the double whammy of evangelical + homeschooled. I saw a few Guy Fieri flows on the guys, but what sticks out in my head more is the tucked in shirts.

I lost contact with all of them, but from Internet creepy I found only one of them looks like they've touched on the drugs. They've remained relatively wholesome, but one went through a Wiccan phase (he also claimed to be an indigo child) before reconversion.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Can someone explain AWANA to me?

• Locked thread