Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Huh. I thought their hairstyle throughout the 90s was universally long and flowy for girls and that spiky/frosty guy fieri thing for boys. Along with your usual polo shirts and long skirts.

That said, it was pretty amusing how so many of them got into hard drugs before me. I am apparently not a very good devil worshiper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

AWarmBody posted:

The ones in my area had very long hair, but it was almost always braided. Maybe it was the double whammy of evangelical + homeschooled. I saw a few Guy Fieri flows on the guys, but what sticks out in my head more is the tucked in shirts.

I lost contact with all of them, but from Internet creepy I found only one of them looks like they've touched on the drugs. They've remained relatively wholesome, but one went through a Wiccan phase (he also claimed to be an indigo child) before reconversion.
Eh, Wiccans and "neo-Pagans" are just Christianity lite. I've talked to a lot of them and they believe the same general tenets that any Judeo-Christian culture holds sacred (just substituting things like "the universe" or "karma" for God). I forgot what indigo children are, but iirc its that thing where they claim to be some sort of wunderkind about all things. But Wicca - far as I can tell - is basically just an excuse to get fat and go to orgies. Oh, and to listen to some truly awful music.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Jonny 290 posted:

i was moderately involved in the local 'christian punk/metal' scene around 94-95
No accounting for taste and I'm glad you had fun, but the dudes who pierced themselves with metal they found lying on the ground and stealing used needles from the pharmacy dumpster and setting things on fire tended to make Christian punks look like a bunch of pussies.

I have no idea where the punks went. A lot of 'em were kids of privilege, so they're probably in square jobs now -- as for the other guys, well, I remember a lot of them losing fingers, toes and limbs hopping trains so their life expectancy was probably lower. Even aside from the whole "hey let's shoot some h with a needle we got from a dumpster at walgreen's."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Fair enough, but I still don't buy that he moved that rock himself and insist it was grave robbers.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Nathilus posted:

Hail satan lord of all the earth

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Tofuslob posted:

I got super into five iron frenzy. does that count?

I don't know, but either way it's not something you admit.

• Locked thread