Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

electrosphere is the only ace combat i played/finished and the final mission where youre leaving trails behind on a rainbow void were cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

the secret weird twitter themed level in Brungus II:Origins

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The final level of Postal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that chapter in Super Paper Mario where you go to game over land

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Every level of LOADED on PSX

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the level in GTA5 where Michael gets drugged and kidnapped by aliens and flies through the sky while cool music plays

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

frank.club posted:

that reveal at the end was so good

I really dug Shattered Memories, even though maybe it never amounted to much gameplay-wise splitting up the missions with the Psychiatrist stuff was a really neat idea.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hat Thoughts posted:

I really dug Shattered Memories, even though maybe it never amounted to much gameplay-wise splitting up the missions with the Psychiatrist stuff was a really neat idea.

yeah the just running everywhere through larger levels at the end got frustrating, it all looked the same. That Toucan puzzle seemed to be designed around the fact that the levels are hard to navigate

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

that chapter in Super Paper Mario where you go to game over land

if you stay there long enough the black hole will actually consume the game and end it lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ace combat is freaking win. It's not really trippy but the final mission of unsung war is one of my favorite moments in gaming. https://youtu.be/JVu-ut90PwE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ace combat would be be next series I try to thon, it looks pretty cool but I've never played any of them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're all super great, but I haven't played the first two (?) myself, I dunno how well they've aged. The only one I'd say straight up don't play is assault horizon

?= I had an ace combat arcade cab nearby when I was young but I don't remember much

frank.club fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 28, 2016

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The only ones I've ever played are 6 and Assault Horizon and I really enjoyed them even though all the real Ace Combat fans say they're both bad so I should try out the others sometime. Or maybe I'll just wait for 7.

I was really ambivalent on AH when I tried replaying it a few months ago, I think I was just really hard up for an air combat game when it first came out lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infinity is cool but it's got like a weird mobile game f2p thing going on. PS3 only too

Namco also said 7 will support PlayStation VR too bad I'm not buying that lol

frank.club fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 28, 2016

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

the problem with el shaddai is it has incredible art and atmosphere and is based on crazy gnostic mythology, but it has like no gameplay at all, its literally just running forward and doing 2d jumping puzzles for maybe the entire thing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

the problem with el shaddai is it has incredible art and atmosphere and is based on crazy gnostic mythology, but it has like no gameplay at all, its literally just running forward and doing 2d jumping puzzles for maybe the entire thing

Ever heard of Mario

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ace Combat 4 is one of the best games of the PS2 era in my opinion

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Most of the end-game missions in Ace Combat 3.

yeah that game was awesome despite supposedly being torn to shreds in localization

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my morning jackass posted:

yeah that game was awesome despite supposedly being torn to shreds in localization

at least the gameplay wasn't touched too bad adaik. The English va work is extremely important to me in the later games

The story following some kid you inadvertently orphaned who really hates you in 4 is pretty cool. Also that Namco used the fan name Strangereal as the actual name of the ace combat world and include that ridge racer occurs in the same reality is dope

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 29, 2016

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

frank.club posted:

at least the gameplay wasn't touched too bad adaik. The English va work is extremely important to me in the later games

The story following some kid you inadvertently orphaned who really hates you in 4 is pretty cool. Also that Namco used the fan name Strangereal as the actual name of the ace combat world and include that ridge racer occurs in the same reality is dope
Yellow 13 orphaned him and the kid forgives him.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the milkman conspiracy in psychonauts was really cool

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yellow 13 is one of the enemy aces... You're playing Mobius One, who's just some random naval fighter guy at the beginning

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXcajQnasc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone here played that Evangalion rhythm game

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Seamen, once you realize what you've become...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mission 50: Truth

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

isn't that 46?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think it's badass that the truth is the real Big Boss is so amazing at stealth that even to an expert like Venom, he's like a figment of your imagination

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

isn't that 46?

Yeah sorry 50 is Sahelanthropous Extreme I think

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The weird secret puzzle maps in the Action Half-Life mod.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I liked the nightmare from Life is strange

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The weird secret puzzle maps in the Action Half-Life mod.

those are cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wasn't there one of those that still hasn't been solved

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dongicus posted:

I liked the nightmare from Life is strange

I was sad it turned out to just be a nightmare and not some kind of horrible destroyed timeline but it was still cool. Mr. Jeffersons lines in the dream are hilarious

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wasn't there one of those that still hasn't been solved

i think so. some people put up solutions on youtube to a few of them, and hondo got pissed off.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

those are cool

Extremely

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time

The loving woop in the music

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjdxragMip4

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

In Training posted:

Ace combat would be be next series I try to thon, it looks pretty cool but I've never played any of them
2, 4, 5 and zero are good. 2 is pretty basic, but the soundtrack is so good. 4 is the weakest of the ps2 games, still worth playing, but you probably won't go back to it after 5 and zero. 5 is the peak of the series and zero is pretty good, although it's shorter and seemed like it has less content. played through all the ps2 games back to back last year and really enjoyed it... they're not tough, but the dogfighting in the ps2 titles is fun as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not really a level but some of the final bosses of TWEWY get pretty nutty with the dual screen mechanics and splitting the encounter design

• Locked thread