Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I decided to try making a starter over the weekend and it started bubbling a little over the last few days. Last night however it went fuckin crazy and erupted all over my bench.
Going to bake a loaf with it tomorrow :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

My house smells delicious as all gently caress and now I want to buy a dutch oven.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

A drat good video.

I'm running low on the dough so I pulled my starter out of the fridge, fed it and now it's going nuts again.

I've seen a few recipes where people use yoghurt to start their starter, will it work if you go the other way around and drop some of your starter dough into some milk to make yoghurt?

Rozzbot fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 14, 2016

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

AEMINAL posted:

i've been feeding mine daily for weeks now. how long does it take to revive a fridged starter?

It seemed like it could have been ready to go after just one feeding, maybe because it's hot as heck here at the moment. I'm giving it another feed today before making bread tomorrow though.

SpookyTurtle posted:

Also, goony confession: After four disastrous attempts at cultivating wild yeasts to make a starter, I ended up buying a batch from Amazon.

I left my flour/water mixture uncovered in my bedroom so I'm assuming yeast from my body moved in as flakes of my skin and hair and whatever fell into it. I tell this to everyone who tries my bread.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Sorry about your gross rear end loaf.

I tried to copy the YouTube man and aside from having dough stuck to everything it turned out nice.

• Locked thread