Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

King of Bees posted:

Bread maker chat for a sec: They are usually prevalent at second hand stores. I use mine mainly as a pizza dough maker, pie crust maker and butter maker. That's my bread maker chat, sorry for distraction.
what do you put in there to make butter??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dogmeat posted:

I've got a starter I've been working on for a few months now and it's got a nice rich sourdough aroma. I just stick my face in the jar and get a good whiff it's delightful but I thought it was pretty gross when I started. I do a 1:1 flour/water mixture, but based on weight so it's more like a half cup of water per cup of flour but i mean it's just flour and water and the yeast will probably be happy either way. I just stick it in the fridge now and only feed it once a week or so unless I'm going to be doing a lot of baking with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCxr2d4As312LulcajAkKJYw

These guys rule, they're very period specific but he always includes standard oven temps and such. It seems like they're branching out of bread/baking but there's tons of content. They've got a video for an earthen oven I'm itching to make if I can find some room for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8cPx7rxFjk

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I made his baked beans and also his pot roast and they were very good.

• Locked thread