Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

50:50 white and whole wheat flour, 80% hydration, 15% jalapeños seeded and chopped (I like a mix of rings and maybe 1/3 finely chopped but not quite diced so you get good flavor throughout and good bites of jalapeño), 15% cubed sharp cheddar, 30% grated sharp cheddar, like 30% starter, and some salt. Autolyse for 1 hour, then add the grated cheese with the salt and starter. Add the cubed cheese and jalapeños when it's relaxed a bit after the second fold (just gently squeeze it into the dough w your hands until it's all mostly incorporated, you don't want to cut the dough at this point). Give it 4-5 folds overall, divide and shape when a bit more than doubled, proof overnight in the fridge. Sprinkle with grated cheese right before baking.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

hemophilia posted:

please don't gently caress with bread like that. leave it alone. add stuff when you serve it.

Nope

I also did one a few weeks ago w/ carmelized onions and goat cheese, and rolled the top in everything bagel seasoning and it was AMAZING. No pics tho.

Sourdough makes awesome whole wheat raisin bread too, I like the tartine recipe w/ some freshly toasted/ground coriander seed

The Goatfather posted:

70% whole wheat, 83% hydration, golden raisins and coriander seed per Tartine Bread, the best raisin bread in the world, possibly also the best whole wheat bread in the world

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 2, 2016

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

skander posted:

Why? Is this a religious thing, like shiite vs sunni, or pineapple on pizza?

Jews can't eat cheese and meat from the same plate so putting the cheese in the bread means they can't put any meat on their sadwich

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Grem posted:

That looks like a lot of work, gently caress that. Safeway has fresh French bread every day at 4pm.

Lmao look at this idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I baked some bread today, 78% with just a white>wheat>rye mix. I got high and forgot about it for 3+ hours during bulk fermentation yesterday lol so it overfermented a little and started tearing as soon as I got some tension going during preshaping so I just put it straight into the bannetons without proper shaping (it'd have just ripped more and degassed). It came out pretty good, a little more dense and funny looking than usual, but it didn't get too sour and that's what counts

No pics though

E: the moral of the story is to set a timer when making bread under the influence

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 20, 2016

• Locked thread