Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a hole-y ghost posted:

Whats this supposed to be

Same. Would be cool for people to post whatever it's referencing, but no one ever does that anyway. :saddowns:

Either way, :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

treiz01 posted:

Can we make this the new standard please? Post your sources along with your original work to avoid the inevitable wasted posts of those who don't get it, and those who will source it!

With all of these types of threads, everyone always requests this and no one ever does it so we get this cluster gently caress of people empty quoting for a page or so before someone decides to let other people know what it is.

They aren't funny unless you know what they are.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Burning Monk in Vietnam

Washington Crossing the Delaware

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I used real fire, not the fake stuff. So I was worried about my GI Joe figure that I found in a box in my basement that I haven't opened in 20 years. :ohdear:

I sprayed some leaves with WD-40 because they wouldn't burn and it was windy so I was terrified of it blowing into all of the leaves in my lawn and burning my house down.

I did this for you GBS. For you.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

'nam Protest

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Node posted:

I have been restraining myself on requesting someone do a recreation of one of the most famous photographs of the early/mid 20th century, but if I do that I feel like I would have ruined the joke by setting it up.

Welp...... :shrug:

I think I should go take a shower now.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^^ well besides these guys. They showed it right away and didn't even create anything. Just showing 2 different pics that look similar. :shrug:

Potato Salad posted:

Idk if this is as interesting when you give away the inspiration pic right away

RideTheSpiral posted:

yeah its really stupid

Everyone else seems to disagree in almost every single one of these threads. The images aren't given away. They are spoilered or linked. You have the choice to view it or not.

Don't show the original, and queue 2-3 people laughing and not saying what it is..... then a few people asking what it is and then eventually someone tells them after a few people complain. That's happens every single time and it's a waste because we can all expect that exact same routine.

It's dumb. Show your sources.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 20, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sooooooo..... what is it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ah, ok.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I swear I was thinking about doing that one. Nice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chard posted:

e: if this thread has taught me anything it's that I don't own nearly enough toys

Same :( I just found some legos and GI Joes that were packed away in my basement from when I was a child.

Also, post your drat sources people! Just put the link in a spoiler. I hate having to wait for someone to post it in order to laugh. By that time it isn't as funny. :saddowns:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaconCopter posted:

It's much better if other people guess it. Or can't and eventually get helped.

And yeah, definitely re-stickied for good reason! Amazing jobs all around.

Both this and the NIghtmare thing restickied is awesome. They should be there all this month.

The 'I need to figure it out' investigation thing sucks. I want to laugh NOW dammit. Not after some goon discovers why I should laugh. :mad:

Anyway, this is all good. I found a huey model in my basement. Wondering about it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Garrand posted:

Inspired use of cotton. I love it.

Agreed, the cotton really does it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hogge Wild posted:

buncha uncultured swines itt

I know of the famous photo but I couldn't figure out what the pic was until someone posted the source.

Post your god drat sources people!!!! :mad:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm guessing it's this. post your drat sources

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I forgot to mention that this is really, really good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
lol, excellent

Spoiler below

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Looks bad Todd.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

will someone please say idgi so i dont have to?

idgi

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not obscure in the least bit. No source required. Certainly makes it funnier to try to find what the picture is.

Yeah I know I know.

Blow.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:staredog:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's the hands that did it for me. That cat was meant for this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Doesn't work for any other image, I've tried. Google only got it because of the clock.

Without the source, they're just random images to most people. With the source, either in the post or as a memory, they're funny.

What about that is difficult to understand?

Yeah, this.

So what is the source of the past 10 images or so.

It'd be nice to laugh at some of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
See?! Sources help people!

To make you feel like a horrible person. :(

• Locked thread