Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i think that i have seen the fifth element like 30 times and i'm not sure why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

oh man i forgot about billy madison

i watched that movie so many times when i was a kid

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

I would be very surprised if Billy Madison wasn't the overall number one most watched movie that isn't a favorite once you cull out the Reddit waterheads that won't shut up about loving Disney.

now that i think about it it may be my most watched because i'd go over to my best friend's house and we'd toss the billy madison vhs on and play gameboy

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I just remembered that I have seen the Santa clause a ton because it was always the movie the band teacher left when there was a substitute

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

My dad loves the mummy and national treasure lmao

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

its a good movie shitballs

i understand it's just more that i don't intentionally put it on but i've seen it a ton

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I cannot stand when movies don't know what they want! Is it a comedy, a space thriller, action, all of the above... if a comedy, is it light or downright outrageous or something in between!!! The General being frozen in the refrigerator, his list of specialties that is so long it falls to the ground (any one remember Frank Drebin when he shows his badge), making love in the medical machine, Corbins mother calling the President... all "space balls" leveled in outrageous comedy... nothing wrong with that but then do it 100%, and don't wobble between styles of light comedy-action, space thriller to "naked gun" sublime humor.

IMO a mess in the story telling, little sense in the plot and causality. But many movies suffer from this. My biggest biff is the wobble between styles. Be true and consequent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

yeah looks like all the bad reviews for the fifth element are people going "IT CANT DECIDE WHAT TO BE" like every movie needs to be rigidly one genre

• Locked thread