Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Fangirling on Dominic Thiem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgBZs8arHq4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anyone watching the Tsonga/Anderson tiebreak? I'm stuck at work but I want to know if it's living up to that crazy 16-14 one they had a few years back.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Keys-Osaka has been really dramatic

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Naomi Osaka is sobbing to herself as she choked away a third set lead. She'll have something to really cry about if she doesn't get herself together.

e: and Keys managed to turn it around.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 2, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If Bellis somehow beats Kerber, she will have won $235,000 in prize money, Even if she loses, she will still earn $144,000. She would have to forfeit all of it in order to maintain NCAA eligibility.

In other sports I can understand why athletes would do that, but in tennis making that decision seems absurd

Edit: How coincidental that Djokovic's opponents all seem to be having medical difficulties

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The American college sports system seems really scummy. Like that money couldn't be put in a trust fund for later? I bet all the people involved who aren;t sportsmen, like the coaches, makes shitloads of money.

Oh look Djokovic can get more rest for his wrist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Nadal-Kuznetsov tweener point was awesome

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Djokovic is in the fourth round having played slightly more than four sets of tennis.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kerber's forehand is absolutely wrecking Bellis, maybe college is the best option

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Kyle Edmund :britain: stayed pretty cool to beat Isner. Apparently he tops the hawkeye table for forehand speed so far this tournament, beating Del Potro even. Crazy. Could be an interesting match against a stuttering Djokovic.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Murray looks remarkably calm considering he dropped the second set and his game has been a complete and utter shambles. Odd match.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Wawrinka looks like he doesn't know what's he doing. Made a few mistakes to hand Evans the set.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Evans :britain:

Somehow we've become good at Tennis.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is Marchenko a member of the SS or is there something else with a skull logo

Edit: Holy poo poo that Kyrgios save at the net

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 4, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I bet Kyrgios wanted to go to the locker room because he heard there was a Mew there

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Kyrgios can barely move. It's nice that he wants to play but he needs to be real about it.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
Watching Nadal vs Pouille in person right now, crowd has gotten really rowdy and it's super tense. Nadal fumbled a few serves because of people screaming. Really respect Pouille's game so far, he's putting on a great showing even though he seems to be falling apart here in the 4th.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Easily the most entertaining match I've seen this year

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Did not expect Pouille to get that break back.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
This match has been a rollercoaster in all facets. Set to set, game to game, point to point. Really great stuff.

E: Oh my god

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo this match

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
10/10 match. Nadal loses both points on serve

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Very impressed how Poulille managed to get back in the fifth and not collapse like Dan Evans.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

im sweating watching this

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I was 100000% sure Pouille was gonna convert on triple match point. What a loving match.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

He loving did it! Now for Pouille to get crushed under French expectations.

Unfortunately this has made Djokovic's side easier.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Pouille!

What a win, what a match. Best of the tournament.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That was so intense.

A French Revolution

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Amazing match, hope everyone was able to watch at least some of it.

All French quarterfinal, guaranteed to get someone in the semifinals where Djokovic will crush French hopes once again unless Tsonga can pull off a miracle.

Pouille's still only 22, if he continues to improve I could see him winning slams in a couple of years.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

After that last match, Kvitova and Kerber making women's tennis look real bad

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Man two days in a row with great five set matches. Did not think Pouille was gonna come back after he got broken early in the fifth but glad to be wrong.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snatching a foul ball from right in front of a kid is real bad form, I don't know if the same etiquette applies to flying tennis balls though

Edit: Djokovic has this kid on a string

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 5, 2016

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Randomly turned on the tv and caught the Rafa Pouille match from the third set on. Incredible! Pouille had a great match plan it seemed, but I was surprised at how many unforced errors Rafa had (I haven't watched much tennis in the past couple years).

Definitely a match worth watching on replay if anyone missed it -- it had it all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want Delpo to win it all

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Thiem retires with an injury, del Po into the quarters. drat, it was an interesting match as well.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I want Delpo to win it all

He's one step closer now.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Let's go Venus!!!!!

Edit: :/

Great match though, right on par with the Rafa Pouille epic

Sharks Eat Bear fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 5, 2016

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Murray not loving around in this first set...

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Holy poo poo Murray turned it on so drat fast. He struggled on the first couple of games and started stomping on Dimitrov.

e: stick a fork in Dimitrov and bring out Aga and Konjuh.

Sodium Chloride fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nishikori - Murray will be a fun match

• Locked thread