Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Didn't want either of them to win but gently caress Djokovic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resonance
Dec 17, 2002

Don't give me any shit about plumbers, Jan.
Good times.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I was rooting for Del Po but if he couldn't take it then Wawrinka is a great second choice.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Stan is crying and so am I

Worfus
Sep 24, 2007
Stan Wawrinka is a hero of the people and still my spirit animal. So loving great he beat Djoker again.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm glad Djokovic lost after that gamesmanship crap and I'm glad Wawrinka won. As many grand slams as Murray now, and only one Wimbledon away from the career slam, what an achievement that would be.

Also,

vyelkin posted:

btw this is actually a good thing because Murray would probably have beaten Wawrinka or Delpo and Wawrinka and Delpo are the only players who know how to beat Djokovic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Delpo's turn will be next year

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Djokovic deserves our respect for fighting through such a severe injury and finishing the match. Truly a heroic effort that will put him in the history books next to Willis Reed and Kerri Strug.
Additionally, it means that he didn't really lose, and will retire undefeated.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Guys, the title was supposed to be a joke :tinfoil:

Stan is my spirit animal Stanimal

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

great play by stan, can't believe how many break points he saved

i get that people don't like djoko, but seems fair to call a trainer if your toes are so hosed up that they're bleeding

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Stan and Angelique Kerber? I'll take it. Unexpected results to a fun tournament.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
This made me laugh:

quote:

Q. You remember the last year Novak Djokovic beat Roger Federer in the final of this tournament. How did you face him today? Any chance to chat Roger about how to, you know --
STAN WAWRINKA: To lose?

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Glad I woke up to the result I wanted. Stan still 100% in slam finals and now has the same amount of slams as Murray but 8 finals less.

I think the secret to him winning slams is having ugly outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Glare Seethe posted:

It's amazing how clutch Stan has become over the past few years. Complete 180 from how he used to be.

To have started winning at an age when players of the past had hit their peak and were on their way out shows incredible determination and resolve.

• Locked thread