Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

tithin posted:

I love the resident evil novels

they're so god damned awful

This is what I came to post. If you found the plot of early Resident Evil games to be somewhat interesting, you're probably already in the mental mindset required to enjoy this terrible wonderful books. I recommend.

I've also read a City of Heroes novel that was about the origins of Statesman and Arachnos. That book was officially the worst thing I have ever read in my life. It's the only book I've ever read that I was 100% sure I could write better than the author. I do not recommend.

There's also a pretty good novelization of Metal Gear Solid 4. With so much dialogue and so many cutscenes it transcribes pretty easily to book form.

Oh yeah! There's also a really good book based on Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu. I read that one multiple times, I loved that trashy poo poo. It was very reminiscent of Batman: The Animated Series.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

ToxicToast posted:

When I was a teen I read all the Blizzard game based novels. A few of them were pretty good, I especially remember a Starcraft one called Liberty's Crusade which had a unique reporter/grunt view of a zerg attack.

I forgot that I read this. Liberty's Crusade is indeed good and basically a novelization of the Terran campaign from Starcraft 1. I'm also recalling a Starcraft 2 prequel novel that I enjoyed.

• Locked thread