Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

There were two Elder Scrolls books that were about what happens between Oblivion and Skyrim. They weren't bad, but the plot was remarkably boring for the setting the author was writing. All the background stuff like how the Empire fell to pieces due to a constantly rotating series of Emperors and warlords taking over in Patrick Stewart's stead, Red Mountain exploding and Morrowind being destroyed, Argonia getting hosed by the floating island from Oblivion that the actual plot was taking place on were way cooler than "alchemist and friend get trapped on floating island, alchemist becomes chef for increasingly ethereal beings with increasingly ethereal palates that rule the island and friend gets enslaved working to keep the island going with a bunch of clone-being slaves constructed from what the island was floating over and leads a revolt, also the daedric lord whose offer no one ever takes up because the sword was better" shows up, along with the sword which is secretly a demon. The subplots even wind up taking over partly and it turns out the main plot largely didn't matter in favor of the rest of it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i need to read those and i am sure my GF would also like them.

They were nice, light reads, if you like Elder Scrolls definitely go for it. I just couldn't help but think the entire time that the setting was really cool and interesting, but what was actually happening on it wasn't for a lot of it.

• Locked thread