Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
While I haven't read them myself, so I can't really vouch for them, I always heard the novelizations of Gabriel Knight 1 and 2 were good, Jane Jensen wrote them herself.

And while I also haven't read it either, the original Planescape Torment novelization was awful just because it totally deviated from the game in utterly inferior ways. One big example is that Ravel and The Transcendent One aren't the main antagonists at all, Fjhull Fork Tongue is, that one minor character that appears in Baator that leads you to the Pillar of Skulls. It was so bad that some of the former dev team worked on a proper one that is now bundled with the game when you buy it on GOG.

When it comes to video game adaptions of books aside from Witcher, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles are cool games. Parasite Eve 1 and 2 are also fun games and apparently better than the source material.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Forgot about Mega Ten.

I also forgot to add that Harlan Ellison had a major part in I Have No Mouth's development, like helping to write it and voicing AM. I really like his take on AM, he just sounds so casual and routine most of the time, like horribly torturing his prisoners is just another day at the office, until he goes into scenery chewing insanity at the turn of a dime.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 28, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CowboyAndy posted:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Mass Effect novel where a bad guy pissed on someone's house plant.
He also ate their cereal.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Not Operator posted:

I think I tried to read this. Is that the book that names The Nameless One almost immediately?
Yeah, that was another really bad thing about it too. TNO just gives himself a name.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

They were nice, light reads, if you like Elder Scrolls definitely go for it. I just couldn't help but think the entire time that the setting was really cool and interesting, but what was actually happening on it wasn't for a lot of it.
That's pretty much a problem with the games in general really.

• Locked thread