Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

shin megami tensei is also better than the source novels

they're so much better that the guy who wrote the original megami tensei novel wrote 'sequel novels' that were just novelizations of the early smt games

I dunno if that's really fair, the games exploded so much so unexpectedly and in so many different ways it's pretty divorced from being a typical adaption. Considering it's a video game franchise juggernaut(especially considering Persona) that many consider some of their favorite games ever, you can't really compare it to what's basically some random light reading. I'm sure it's perfectly serviceable for the time, genre, and intent. Sort of like A Clockwork Orange, or The Shining.

blackguy32 posted:

I never realized Rise of the Robots was popular enough to even warrant a novel. What a lovely fighting game. That being said, fighting games seem perfect to write stuff about considering what little backstory most of them have.

Rise of the Robots had tons of hype. Here's a really great video on it.

Accordion Man posted:

I also forgot to add that Harlan Ellison had a major part in I Have No Mouth's development, like helping to write it and voicing AM. I really like his take on AM, he just sounds so casual and routine most of the time, like horribly torturing his prisoners is just another day at the office, until he goes into scenery chewing insanity at the turn of a dime.

Sounds like an office worker to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread