Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the league this year
This poll is closed.
Celtic 9 18.75%
Aberdeen 7 14.58%
Hearts 2 4.17%
The Rangers 5 10.42%
Hibs are shite 25 52.08%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Hibs were poo poo, then weren't, but they Hibsed it.

EDIT: Fifth page for the Scottish fitbaw thread. Is this a record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
This [game/season/5 year spell] has been loving dire for so long and some light at the end of the tunnel would be nice

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

This [game/season/5 year spell] has been loving dire for so long and some light at the end of the tunnel would be nice

The lights an oncoming train

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Goals
https://streamable.com/gaevl

https://streamable.com/qlkd6

Waghorn super skill
https://streamable.com/01cgv

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Old Firm Derby is the definition of "full of sound and fury signifying nothing".

Fucks sake the standard of football is utter dogshit.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Shrapnig posted:

The Old Firm Derby is the definition of "full of sound and fury signifying nothing".

Watch out, with that attitude you're in danger of getting a job at Sky Sports as a pundit for Scottish football.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

These days it's less "sound and fury" more "hysterical laughter", at least if you're a Celtic fan

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
glad to see snarf enjoyed his day out

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Thistle is still bad while defending.

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Had a dream last night that Aberdeen will beat Celtic 8-4 on Friday so get that on your coupons.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

duckmaster posted:

Had a dream last night that Aberdeen will beat Celtic 8-4 on Friday so get that on your coupons.
I had this dream also but for the final my friend

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rangers sold Billy Gilmour for £500k and add-ons. 16 years old. Madness

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Total Meatlove posted:

He will do great at Chelsea Vitesse Arnhem.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Heard that Clint Hill is offski as well

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
And Aberdeen are signing Shaun Maloney and some striker from LA Galaxy, apparently. Silly season!

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

And Aberdeen are signing Shaun Maloney and some striker from LA Galaxy, apparently. Silly season!

Aberdeen are shite

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jre posted:

Aberdeen are shite

Oof

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Look away now if you're Hand knit

1-0
https://streamable.com/h7dle

2-0
https://streamable.com/3o8ld

3-0
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/865288283865194497/pu/pl/NKkzOkSPerCJnSKz.m3u8

jre fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 18, 2017

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
If Roberts isn't part of City's squad next season just loving lol. Unless he's sold for £30m.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

pik_d posted:

If Roberts isn't part of City's squad next season just loving lol. Unless he's sold for £30m.

He's shite op. Man City should get rid of him :pray:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

jre posted:

He's shite op. Man City should get rid of him :pray:

He can score great goals sure, but does he track back?

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Celtic have officially went the entire league season unbeaten, winning 34 and drawing 4; breaking their own record for goals scored in the process. I know we have silly money compared the rest of the league but still, pretty remarkable:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lmao they finished 30 points clear of the second place team

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Better than this week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Her Dryer posted:

Celtic have officially went the entire league season unbeaten, winning 34 and drawing 4; breaking their own record for goals scored in the process. I know we have silly money compared the rest of the league but still, pretty remarkable:

How many times has this happened? Honest question.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

3 times in the UK, twice in the 38 game/season era I think. It's incredible but they're still cunts

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

According to Wikipedia's entry on Scottish football records...

Celtic P18 W15 D3 L0, 1897–98
Rangers P18 W18 D0 L0, 1898–99
Celtic P38 W34 D4 L0, 2016–17

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Wow that's crazy. Given the huge gap in finances I thought it would happen a lot more often.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Gigi Galli posted:

Wow that's crazy. Given the huge gap in finances I thought it would happen a lot more often.

There's been remarkably few trebles as well, ( Hopefully one more this season). I think the main reason is that competing in 4 competitions wears down the players, and it's incredibly difficult not to have a stumble in December away to Inverness or Aberdeen when they've been playing twice a week for 4 months. Even this season we had to come from behind in a few away games , 1-0 down to St Johnstone, 2-0 down to Motherwell.

Hand Knit posted:

Better than this week.
gently caress 6-0 :stare:

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

You underestimate Celtic's ability to poo poo the bed at the most inopportune moments.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Video of tifo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4nOMDs4XzA

The other tifo today :pwn:

jre fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 21, 2017

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

We have a massive financial advantage but it's not like we're buying world class players with the money, in fact most of the players we buy would be judged as fairly poo poo by EPL/top league standards even if we find the odd gem like Wanyama, Van Dijk ect. All it takes is for our team to have one off day, one crazy Efe Ambrose gently caress up, one struck of bad luck, one mad referee decision, one opposing goalie or striker playing the game of his life, or so on. One bad day and your unbeaten season/treble is up in smoke.

Rangers managed to not go through the fourth tier of Scottish football unbeaten (they somehow lost three games??) despite having the second highest budget in Scotland and no European football. It's a super hard thing to do. (They did manage it in the third tier though, to be fair)

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Disappointed that Aberdeen didn't beat Celtic even once this season. Especially disappointing because I think Deek has done a great job with the resources at his disposal and the squad is overall pretty solid and balanced. Just impossible to compete with the sort of players Celtic are able to attract and the depth of their squad even if they aren't exactly world class.

Oh well - better Celtic than Rangers.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 22, 2017

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Cup final was a really good game where both teams had plenty of chances. Thought Celtic just about deserved it in the end, dominated the last 30 minutes or so and probably had more clear cut chances. Aberdeen were one bad pass away from going 2-1 up in the second half.

Will be interesting to see who stays next season. Dembele will have his suitors, Armstrong's still to sign a new contract (17 goals from midfield, what a season he had), Tierney will attract bids, Roberts is almost certainly not coming back and Griffiths has a kind of rocky relationship with Rodgers. Aberdeen and Rangers are both going to be rebuilding in the summer as well, looking forward to silly season starting.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Abergreen played really well today. Just ran out of steam trying to match a team with dangerous players all over, although they're lucky Tierney had to go off, he's extremely important for us. There's a gulf between the sides and AB had the chance to win it early in the 2nd half, but you have to take those chances before your team burns out against opposition with better players across the pitch (except Boyata).

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Jesus that was tense yesterday. Aberdeen's fitness seems to be poor they were done in the last 20 minutes yesterday.

Hayes 1-0 https://streamable.com/z2ix2
Armstrong 1-1 https://streamable.com/n4wyq
Rogic 2-1 https://streamable.com/970h3

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
A big problem Aberdeen have is the lack of adequate facilities. I think quite often they end up having to use the cove rangers training ground or some bollocks because there's nowhere with what they need in the city. That's also part of the big push for the new stadium- it would include proper training facilities.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Somewhere, Russ is smiling...

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011