Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Everyone in my family is dead, which means that I'm predisposed to dying, oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did you actually expect people to read something on saturday night?

not really no haha

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ork of Fiction posted:

Everyone in my family is dead, which means that I'm predisposed to dying, oh well.

everyone is predisposed to dying

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Serious Frolicking posted:

fat people are a problem that solves itself. they die young, and are physically unattractive so they are less likely to have children.

My fat guy boss has eight children. It must be like two zeppelins colliding.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Benny Harvey posted:

legit good advice. weight gain happens slow enough as to creep up on you.

lol its not hard

are people retarded or something?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

lol its not hard

are people retarded or something?

people just hate the truth

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

people just hate the truth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can get fat if I eat a bunch of food. I don't know if most people have this ability or not but its p cool.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I can get fat if I eat a bunch of food. I don't know if most people have this ability or not but its p cool.

same, im basically odo only it takes lots of salami and a few years

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV91GVOuMjc

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
My parents have tons of obese relatives on both sides of their families. They are both physically fit, or in my mother's case, actually a little underweight.

Both me and my brother are giant obese sacks of poo poo and I'd say it's a combination of diet and sedentary lifestyle that are the main contributors to our obesity. However, even during times of my life where I've worked 40+ hours a week in physically demanding jobs, watched my diet and gone to the gym, I've never been not fat. I don't have any of the gland problems or whatever doctors test for because I got tested once, so I won't use that for an excuse.

In high school I had weightlifting class which was nothing but running and lifting weights, in addition to doing swimming and walking on my own time (small towns are great for exploring on foot), being involved in wrestling (read two hours of running and wrassling non-stop on a reduced diet) etc, and still being a pudgy gently caress.

Hell, when I was a kid I rode my bike, ran around and swam all the time and I was still a fat gently caress.

Soda, and later booze, are large avoidable sources of calories that I have been cut out before. It's just disheartening when I eat smaller portions of everything, lean meat, eggs, plenty of vegetables and some fruit for a few months without cheating while exercising multiple times a week and lose ten pounds at ~425.

I figure at this point I'm just retarded or something. Maybe it has to do with chronic depression and some of the meds I used to take? Those particular meds kept me from killing myself at the time, but I gained about 60 pounds in a year on them, which is how I got up to the 420s in the first place. I'm on different poo poo now, obviously. Maintained the same weight give or take ten pounds for about five-six years since.

I guess I'll just keep trying. :shrug:

E: Getting a CPAP stabilized my weight a lot, but I still have trouble sleeping because of depression or mania with BPD. So lack of regular sleep sure doesn't help.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 28, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pvt.Scott posted:

My parents have tons of obese relatives on both sides of their families. They are both physically fit, or in my mother's case, actually a little underweight.

Both me and my brother are giant obese sacks of poo poo and I'd say it's a combination of diet and sedentary lifestyle that are the main contributors to our obesity. However, even during times of my life where I've worked 40+ hours a week in physically demanding jobs, watched my diet and gone to the gym, I've never been not fat. I don't have any of the gland problems or whatever doctors test for because I got tested once, so I won't use that for an excuse.

In high school I had weightlifting class which was nothing but running and lifting weights, in addition to doing swimming and walking on my own time (small towns are great for exploring on foot), being involved in wrestling (read two hours of running and wrassling non-stop on a reduced diet) etc, and still being a pudgy gently caress.

Hell, when I was a kid I rode my bike, ran around and swam all the time and I was still a fat gently caress.

Soda, and later booze, are large avoidable sources of calories that I have been cut out before. It's just disheartening when I eat smaller portions of everything, lean meat, eggs, plenty of vegetables and some fruit for a few months without cheating while exercising multiple times a week and lose ten pounds at ~425.

I figure at this point I'm just retarded or something. Maybe it has to do with chronic depression and some of the meds I used to take? Those particular meds kept me from killing myself at the time, but I gained about 60 pounds in a year on them, which is how I got up to the 420s in the first place. I'm on different poo poo now, obviously. Maintained the same weight give or take ten pounds for about five-six years since.

I guess I'll just keep trying. :shrug:

E: Getting a CPAP stabilized my weight a lot, but I still have trouble sleeping because of depression or mania with BPD. So lack of regular sleep sure doesn't help.

Can happen if your parents feed you the wrong things or too much as a kid too. You get adipocyte doubling then you'rehurting like that for the rest of your life.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

This needs to be graphic designed by da mf share z0ne

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I guess now you have two types of fat jeans, op.

powerful

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm fat because I like to eat cheese burgers. It sucks since most of my favorite shirts don't fit anymore. When I stopped eating cheeseburgers my shirts fit!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Edgar posted:

I'm fat because I like to eat cheese burgers. It sucks since most of my favorite shirts don't fit anymore. When I stopped eating cheeseburgers my shirts fit!

according to science, you have cheeseburger genes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
anyway i love this poo poo. an enormous smelly fat dude explaining that they are only fat because of genetics is never going to convince anyone but other enormous smelly fat dudes.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Carmant posted:

Smoking is actually more dangerous than being fat, and the burden of the obese on the medical system is greatly exaggerated.

Lol

So i live in new zealand and recently the first generation of super fats reached 30/40 and have started dropping like flies. This is creating a significant problem in mortuaries as the only real infrastructure to deal with them are gurney winch things which top out at around 300lb. The influx of fatties is gonna necessitate the purchase of literal corpse cranes and probably the total rebuilding of the country's largest morgues.

thats my story thanks for reading

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i cannot comprehend how a human body can become fat. it does not make sense. you literally have to eat a ridiculous amount of food to become fat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
free drad_bert

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

roymorrison posted:

i cannot comprehend how a human body can become fat. it does not make sense. you literally have to eat a ridiculous amount of food to become fat.

you literally have to do nothing to become fat

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That woman who is kinda thick and can't seem to lose that last 20 pounds probably can blame it on genetics.

That super obese woman who weighs 400 loving pounds can't. There is no way that not being able to run/move plus getting gestational diabetes when you get pregnant is a direction evolution would go in.

Like, fat is ok. Some people are gonna be fat. 20-30 pounds overwieght can happen. That's not what we are talking about. America has a epidemic of people who are no longer human shaped.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 28, 2016

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Around 350 years ago there was a dude named Ibrahim, who was insane and also sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He also had a fatty fetish, which he developed after seeing a cow or something. So he sent his men out to find the fattest woman in the world. They came back with a woman named Sugar Cube who probably weighed around 330 pounds.

Now a days pretty much any Golden Corral or Walmart in the South would be that dude's sexual Valhalla, but I don't think genetics have changed that much in the last 350 years.

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .
people with similar genes in similar environments, likely with similar food intake, develop similar bodies

color me shocked

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

whats the evolutionary benefit for being fat?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
thank god, this study comes as a huge relief. Now I know it's not my fault I'm fit.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So if its genetic than there should be a consistent stream of fat people since the beginning of man right?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Prorat posted:

So if its genetic than there should be a consistent stream of fat people since the beginning of man right?

no because the fat people were being eaten by dinosaurs and large cats

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I guess now you have two types of fat jeans, op.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sonofsilversign posted:

Lol

So i live in new zealand and recently the first generation of super fats reached 30/40 and have started dropping like flies. This is creating a significant problem in mortuaries as the only real infrastructure to deal with them are gurney winch things which top out at around 300lb. The influx of fatties is gonna necessitate the purchase of literal corpse cranes and probably the total rebuilding of the country's largest morgues.

thats my story thanks for reading

I live in NZ too!

We have "fat guy" triple wide wheelchairs at my hospital..

and patients to big for them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Ive heard fat people can't be cremated easily either, too much fuel for the fire.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

504 posted:

I live in NZ too!

its crazy healthcare infrastructure is gonna have to completely restructured to deal with them. they have to make excuses at crematoriums as to why family cant watch cause they dont wannna tell them they have to dismember fatties to fit in the ovens lmao

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

There are some people out there with legitimate medical issues that stop them being able to lose too much weight. Like serious issues that result in their body shutting down organs before it will try touching the last few pounds of fat.

Those people are a small minority of the overweight.

I suspect a big part of the issue is that many don't recognise how calorie dense a lot of our food is compared to what was available to our ancestors. So they hear "eat less", actually do eat less, but still balloon out because even at "small" sizes they are eating crazy amounts of calories.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
some of the genes behind obesity are probably genes for stupidity and laziness

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Obesity today is widespread. Two generations ago it was not. Did the genes change?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

It's the chromosome that's really fat

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey baby, I got really big chromosomes. :downs:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

504 posted:

I live in NZ too!

I also live in NZ and kumara is good poo poo. I'm not fat tho.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
im gonna get 3000 calories of dominos delivered and now i know i was genetically predestined to do it and its definitely not just a poor life choice

thanks science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Sonofsilversign posted:

im gonna get 3000 calories of dominos delivered and now i know i was genetically predestined to do it and its definitely not just a poor life choice

thanks science

Pork.

Since I became not Muslim im alllll about the pork.

• Locked thread