Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Carmant posted:

Smoking is actually more dangerous than being fat, and the burden of the obese on the medical system is greatly exaggerated.

Lol

So i live in new zealand and recently the first generation of super fats reached 30/40 and have started dropping like flies. This is creating a significant problem in mortuaries as the only real infrastructure to deal with them are gurney winch things which top out at around 300lb. The influx of fatties is gonna necessitate the purchase of literal corpse cranes and probably the total rebuilding of the country's largest morgues.

thats my story thanks for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

504 posted:

I live in NZ too!

We have "fat guy" triple wide wheelchairs at my hospital..

and patients to big for them.

its crazy healthcare infrastructure is gonna have to completely restructured to deal with them. they have to make excuses at crematoriums as to why family cant watch cause they dont wannna tell them they have to dismember fatties to fit in the ovens lmao

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
im gonna get 3000 calories of dominos delivered and now i know i was genetically predestined to do it and its definitely not just a poor life choice

thanks science

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

extra stout posted:

i viewed new zealand as an active and mostly independent little shire farm country that seems less depressed than australia and way less full of rage

i'm not doubting your posts entirely, but this one seems a little extreme. in new zealand: people ask to watch their loved ones be put into the ash oven so they can see how the alive to urn process works? what?

that part is much less easy to believe than new zealand having an obesity epidemic, i'm sure in 20 years all the remaining 'first world' countries who eat similar food that is popular in the U.S. will all be loving diabetic at 30

i dunno how common it is in general or if its a cultural thing but yeah crematoriums here have viewing windows for the "final committal" of the body. its as classy as it can be i guess they dont just slide the corpse into an oven on a pizza peel.

nz has a 1/3 obesity rate so more or less equivalent to america i think? though we have alot of pacific islanders who legitimately do tend to be genetically fat so id generally give them a pass

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

extra stout posted:

i appreciate you for educating us on new zealand

its getting sad how few fat american jokes any of you idiots can ever tell anymore, aren't there like a half dozen countries catching up the the usa now

im an american friend and fat people are the whole worlds problem now the time for jokes has passed

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
where are you Fitler? we need you now more than ever

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

8 track betamax posted:

Being full and fat and getting lounge around in comfortable air-conditioned homes with ever need instantly met is the next stage of human evolution and it rocks.....so yeah it make sense that empty headed gbs goons pine for a return to walking everywhere and suffering like an animal

life is suffering

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

runupon cracker posted:

sooooo an industry that's spent 40 years and millions of dollars in food engineering know very little about the body and made the population literally balloon into comedic levels of obesity totally by accident, but some poor schlub at home with $3 in his bank account and a GED can master weight loss "easily"

the mental gymnastics are breathtaking

you realize these food "engineers" are just doing the same thing as the poor schlub pouring an oz of cream and 6 sugars in his coffee right? if they had to spend 40 years and millions of dollars to figure that one out then i really dont think theyre the authority you wanna appeal to

Azuth0667 posted:

Its the wallpaper thin guise of a moral high ground that needs to go.

lmao

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

kazr posted:

squats will be your salvation

interesting study that proves having a flat rear end is genetic

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

KVeezy3 posted:

No it's not the same. The trick is making cheap garbage palatable. If you take any bag of chips or bread and disrupt their salt/sugar/fat balance even slightly, it will taste like cardboard.

the brightest mind in his field the most lauded man in food engineering peers down his microscope in his billion dollar laboratory "finally after 40 years of research and testing it is finished" he whispers the sweat beading on his forehead as his tweezers ever so gently place the last grain of salt "finally my life's work is complete" he straightens his back stiff from decades of sugar balancing and announces to his enraptured colleges "i have created DORITOS® JACKED™ Spicy Street Taco flavor!" a single tear rolls down his face as the applause begins

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

i dunno how many calories posting a new york times article no one will read burns but im guessing you overreported it by 50% anyway

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
take a multivitamin and fiber supplement and you can live off protien shakes woth no ill effects i did it when i was poor

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

AugmentedVision posted:

At the risk of blowing a small phenomenon mostly confined to the Internet out of proportion, I wonder how worried policymakers are about HAES and offending fat people in general by doing this

many policy makers are fat people many more have fat spouses fat brothers and sisters fat children and every day they get fatter it is already too late

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i pooped like twice a week it was actually pretty convenient probably not great for gut flora tho

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

and you noticed no significant visible change in your body in the months with no results? just measuring body weight is bad for tracking body fat as you gain muscle weight when you exercise as id assume you know. the idea that you could lift weights 3-4 times a week for a month with no visible results would suggest to me that something has gone terribly wrong in your body and you should seek professional help

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

you might say he was... full of poo poo

:dukedog:

hey thats me your talking about im a real person with feelings and furthermore

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
lol tekken already beat them to that joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
oh i see its actually a good thing that 10% of the population is morbidly obese due to eating disorders cause like maybe 1% of the population is dangerously underweight due to eating disorders issue solved i guess

• Locked thread