Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

it's obvious the people who didn't read the paper

did you actually expect people to read something on saturday night?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ork of Fiction posted:

Everyone in my family is dead, which means that I'm predisposed to dying, oh well.

everyone is predisposed to dying

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

lol its not hard

are people retarded or something?

people just hate the truth

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV91GVOuMjc

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

roymorrison posted:

i cannot comprehend how a human body can become fat. it does not make sense. you literally have to eat a ridiculous amount of food to become fat.

you literally have to do nothing to become fat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

extra stout posted:

some goon posted a story about a turkish? warlord who went insane banging 50 women at a time, unsatisfied by life, and demanded the fattest woman on earth be brought to him

she was like 150 kilos and this was only a few hundred years ago lol

the year 900 must have had like a usain bolt and a mickey mantle in every single town on earth

paging ozma

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KVeezy3 posted:

Hunger is an output of a very complex system. America's obesity is a disease of capitalism. If you eat garbage processed foods, you will constantly be hungry because you're most likely highly insulin resistant. So you're both overweight and starving. Make steamed vegetables and fresh whole fruits 50-75% of your diet and come back and tell me that your genetically derived hunger drive is too strong.

I hate you so loving much

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KVeezy3 posted:

As Americans, we love to blame the individual despite obesity being a literal epidemic. At some point, we might hold the food industries accountable, but it will take a giant ideological shift, because we love the myth of individualism as an excuse for greed and exploitation on a national scale in all facets of our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vQSKSJMyc

you could have made a joke and posted something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE
you didnt. that is why I hate you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

spud posted:

Apologies if it has already been posted.

but it says low fat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

just so you know, some of the folks who have lived to be 120 have smoked every day for 90 years and had little negative health impacts. now we know for a FACT that smoking as a "dietary" concern is a risk factor, plain and simple. but for some people it doesn't matter at all.

geriatric health and longevity are pretty much 100% genetic, we know this because people who live to be 120 have siblings who live to be 120, parents who live to be 120, kids who live to be 120.

it's quite plausible that something like body size would be similar, and nothing so simple as "have gene = fat."

there's a couple possibilities to explain why this phenomenon would appear only recently.

(1) the kind of caloric supply to get really obese didn't exist before
(2) modern westernized processed foods alter epigenetic profiles over generations, teaching some genetic lines a new form of metabolism
(3) post-scarcity conditions actually induce metabolic changes in certain individuals, as a heritable trait
(4) the work-production model that goes along with modern westernized diets (the fruits of capitalism) and its concomitant stress, social isolation, ego-obsession, blah blah blah, also induce nervous and metabolic changes that are heritable
(5) all this stuff and more!!

you should listen to this guy.
he know about being fat

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

spud posted:

I eat blocks of cheese everyday but my BMI is 20.

i have no idea what bmi means but i like your style

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

i don't disagree that "obesity is a disease of capitalism," (that's pretty obvious from the evidence as well, considering that obesity only appeared/appears in the context of modern western society) but you could try harder to know what you're actually saying instead of being an ideological dweeb.

lol
U R fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

you can come over to my place and find out. are you free tonight?

gotta work tomorrow sweetie.

• Locked thread