Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's ridiculous

How am I supposed to not eat a lot of food? How does that even work? Stop talking out of your rear end, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its all about genetics, but only american genetics and only genetics from the past 20 years

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What it is definitely not about is the advent of super cheap, always available garbage food and people moving around and doing physical work less than ever and instead spending a lot of their time infront of tvs computers and phones

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Waroduce posted:

Fat is beautiful

Mods?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
youre really weak mentally if you cant just reduce food intake for a few months until your weight goes down

like man, let yourself be hungry and get over it

that is if youre too lazy to figure out how to feel full on a low calorie diet, which you are, arent you, you lazy piece of shiiiit

sorry that got out of hand

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its a minimal amount of willpower that boils down to "eatin less"

just eat less

why is this so insanely hard for ppl

no, do not eat the twinky

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

vyst posted:

I did it. Why can't you?

its hard, so im not gonna bother

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if we have to buy new office chairs because you cant fit intto the current ones i wouldnt hire you either

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

... more of them are getting sick with the diseases that usually kill older people [attributable to the leading causes of death—things like heart disease, diabetes, and respiratory disease]. And when they do get sick, they don’t get better.

This trend was especially concentrated in the South, they found

lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
don't post stalk its rude

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you are completely sedentary I can see you eating like a normal human being and still gaining fat

but most likely fatties are just eating stupid. Like alot of pasta and rice and bread and soda and alcohol and sauces and fried poo poo or whatever. I'm not even gonna get into sweets

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe it's different in America but here in my country we can choose to purchase other food than the absolute worst food for you. We can even buy healthy food AND we have the choice to limit how much of it we cook and eat :prepop:

Am I correct in understanding that there are people forcing you to buy, cook and eat large quantities of bad food in America?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The aliens introduced new genes into the genepool a few years ago, that's why we are now getting fatter because of our genes. It's completely out of our control and not our fault

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

basement jihadist posted:

well... there might be some kind of solution... to the thin problem

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
so include 30min of Nutrition in school once every month since kids are too dumb to know what to eat. Gotta start learning this poo poo sometime

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hoe do you only poop twice a week

i poopeevery day and theyre decently sized poops

, how can you carry around so much fecaal matter in your guts if you only popp twice a week

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

katkillad2 posted:

The last time I exercised, I was unemployed and taking advantage of it by at least trying to get healthy. I was lifting weights following some popular weightlifting plan about 3-4 times a week and was doing cardio 6 times a week. I'm 6 foot tall and was like 300lbs and that was after like 9 months of working out. I did my cardio on elliptical machines because I was afraid I was too fat that running on a treadmill would destroy my knees/ankles.

This is no exaggeration, I was doing 50-60 miles of cardio a week on the elliptical machines, usually 2 hours a day and I was working out twice a day for lifting and cardio on some days. (I was taking days off from lifting to rest.) The month before I quit working out I lost like 2lbs and was getting frustrated so I switched things up, doing the burst thing with cardio where you go as fast as you can at intervals... forget what it's called. I lost zero pounds for the entire month. I was asking about "starvation mode" in the goon thread and most said it doesn't actually exist.

I basically made exercising my job for almost an entire year.

This is usually the part where people tell me my diet must be poo poo. I was keeping myself to like 1400 calories I think? I was measuring everything and actually keeping track, eating mostly grilled chicken with brown rice. I was drinking water primarily.

TLDR: If genetics, a persons metabolism and/or some other uncontrollable factor like gut bacteria or one's own body perception negatively influencing the brain aren't the primary issues for obesity in some portion of the population then I would be really surprised.

well, either you are a unique snowflake with a mutant thyroid problem OR you done goofed up diet

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
guys im only eating 1000 calories a day maybe, sort of...and mostly drink water, mostly, in a sense

furthermore

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

vyst posted:

I lost 250 lbs without eating a single vegetable because I think they are gross. I eat more now but my palette was programmed for McDonald's. I eat greens powders instead

you can reprogram your taste

eat vegetables

if you dislike grilled vegetables youre a lesser person tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The White Dragon posted:

i dislike grilled vegetables but i like raw ones

I'm not happy about this but i'll let it slide for now, since at least you're eating vegetables in general

but i'm keeping an eye on you

• Locked thread